|By Cloud News Desk||
|May 14, 2009 12:00 PM EDT||
In the brave new world of cloud computing, what is the secret to building great companies? That is the question that will be answered by technology visionary Roman Stanek in his Opening Keynote at SYS-CON's Cloud Computing Expo Europe next week in Prague, capital of the Czech Republic. In the meantime, we bring you here a brief round-up of Stanek's achievements 1997-2009. In reverse order...
May 18, 2009 - Stanek will deliver his keynote in Prague, "Building Great Companies on the Cloud."
April 23, 2009 - Good Data closes a $2.5M Series B round of financing from Marc Andreessen, Ben Horowitz, OATV and General Catalyst, bringing the total now raised to approx $4.5M. Still everything is done through Amazon Web Services, in the cloud.
March 4, 2008 - After a year in stealth development, Stanek and his latest team unveil Good Data Corporation - purveyor of a complete, on-demand business intelligence platform combining analytics, reporting, data warehousing and data integration. Its primary focus is collaborative analytics and Stanek's vision is to use the cloud 100%, so that Goog Data will never need to own a single server. "We believe that sharing and teamwork will allow our users to move past isolated reports and arrive at the true meaning of 'business intelligence.'" Stanek writes in his blog.
January 2006: Systinet is sold to Mercury Interactive/HP for $105M. "We believe that SOA is the next big shift in IT," says Mercury's SVP of Strategy, Zohar Gilad. "It's definitely becoming the next big shift in IT," he adds.
2004: Stepping down from his CEO post at Systinet, Stanek becomes instead the company's Chief Strategy Officer, splitting his time between its U.S. and European operations.
2000: Stanek founds Systinet, with a primary focus on Java development.
1999 - San Jose, CA: NetBeans is bought by Sun Microsystems for $10M.
1997 - Prague, Czech Republic: While studying at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics at Charles University in Prague, Roman Stanek and some fellow students begin a project known as Xelfi. Later Stanek forms a company around the project and produces commercial versions of what then becomes knows as the NetBeans IDE.
Next week not only Stanek but also Cloud Computing and Virtualization are going to be center stage, 18-19 May, at the Prague Hilton as the Czech Republic plays host to Cloud Computing Expo Europe 2009, co-located with Virtualization Conference Europe 2009 - the first conference outside the USA in SYS-CON's world-beating series of events devoted to the two hottest interlinked topics in Enterprise IT today.
Speakers and attendees alike are traveling to Prague from all over Europe, and indeed many are even flying in from the USA in order to familiarize themselves with where exactly Europe is located on the Cloud/Virtualization spectrum right now. Here is a round-up of speakers, arranged by country of origin.
View the Full Schedule Here
|wernerkeil 04/25/09 11:11:18 AM EDT|
Funny, so 10 Mio.$ was the price of NetBeans back then... Considering now it may or may not survive the Oracle/Sun merger it is interesting to hear from this guy and his latest ventures. Cloud Computing is another thing, Sun used to bet on recently.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict