|By Cloud News Desk||
|November 2, 2009 08:10 AM EST||
A round-up of the wide range of important issues and timely topics due to be discussed by over 130 industry experts at SYS-CON's 4th International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo, opening today at the Santa Clara Convention Center, in Santa Clara, CA. The event runs from November 2-4, 2009.
Building Scalable and Extensible RIAs in the Cloud - Ranjith Ramakrishnan, Co-Founder & CTO of Cumulux, will be co-presenting a session in which delegates will learn how to build scalable and extensible RIAs on the Windows Azure Cloud. The session will cover enabling rich and complete User Experience customizations and addressing multi-tenant requirements.
Cloud Security - is the focus of a whole welter of sessions in Santa Clara. "It's Nothing New; It Changes Everything!" is the title of the session being given by Sun's Chief Security Architect Glenn Brunette, for example. Brunette promises to cut through the hype and sharpen our focus on what security means for cloud computing and other elastic, hyper-scale architectures. Jeremiah Grossman, Founder & CTO of WhiteHat Security, is giving a session on "Top Cloud Computing Security Risks," and Kevin Piper, Director of Technical Operations at Altor Networks, in giving a session at the co-located Virtualization Conference & Expo called "Revolutionizing Security Through Virtualization."
Cloud Services - from Yahoo! are left, front and center in the Day Two keynote being given by Shelton Shugar, SVP Cloud Computing at Yahoo! - who will be elaborating on how Yahoo! and consumers benefit from the Yahoo! Cloud Services that are in production today supporting web-serving properties and data processing environments.
Cloud Storage - Real-world use cases complete with lessons learned and best practices are what ParaScale's Founder & CTO Cameron Bahar intends to use in his plain-talking session, "Cloud Storage - Cutting Through the Hype." Avoiding boring definitions or hand waving technology pitches, his session will detail cloud storage customer examples and the benefits achieved by leveraging this technology.
Disaster Recovery - is at the very heart of the Case Study being presented by Tony Langenstein, Director of Infrastructure, Iowa Health System. His session is called "Disaster Recovery in the Storage Cloud" and he will be sharing with delegates the dramatic story and photos from a catastropic flood that incapacitated one of Iowa's main data centers, which hosted some of the cloud storage components.
Enterprise-Class Cloud Storage - is what Moe Kermani, CEO & President at Bycast, intends to discuss in his General Session, "Does Enterprise-Class Cloud Storage Really Exist?" He will discuss the required infrastructure components to deliver an enterprise-class Cloud storage service that is fully supported by service level agreements.
Enterprise IT Value of the Cloud - is the theme of the session being given in Santa Clara by Watson Wat, VP of Technology and CTO for Oracle on Demand. Wat will address such issues as: How does cloud computing fit in real world enterprises? Can cloud computing address today’s enterprise concerns and requirements? and What services or capabilities can real world enterprises expect to see in the Software-as-s-Service, Platform-as-a-Service and Infrastructure-as-a-Service layers?
Enterprise Private PaaS - is the theme of a session being given by Mohamad Afshar, VP of Product Management at Oracle. The session will compare and contrast public and private approaches to PaaS and discuss the key capabilities and benefits of an enterprise private PaaS based on a shared Java and database platform. The will be a must for anyone considering using a public PaaS or building out a private PaaS.
HPC Applications - see Moving HPC Apps to the Cloud
IT as a Service - is at the heart of the Day One keynote to be given by Richard Marcello, President of Systems & Technology, Unisys. Marcello will discuss the latest technologies and approaches that help knock down barriers to moving Enterprise application workloads to the Cloud, creating the opportunity for delegates to now consider cloud managed services as part of their data center journey to secure "IT as a Service."
Law in the Cloud - is the theme of the session being given by the Founder & CEO of RocketLaywer.com, Charley Moore. His session will examine how cloud computing is enabling lawyers to practice law online, while making it easier and more affordable for consumers and small business owners to get legal things done.
Moving HPC Apps to the Cloud - Victoria Livschitz, Founder & CEO, Grid Dynamics Consulting Services, will be giving a session examining several types of HPC applications deployed on various clouds. She will discuss the challenges and opportunities typical of grid deployments on the cloud.
On-Demand Middleware - is what Kaavo's Founder & CEO Jamal Mazhar believes is necessary to achieve the full benefits of cloud computing. In his session, "Infrastructure and Middleware on Demand," he intends to describe and explain how what's needed is on-demand middleware, automatic deployment, and run-time management of custom applications in the clouds.
Private Clouds - see Public Clouds and Private Clouds
Protecting Mission-Critical Data in the Cloud - see Disaster Recovery
Public Clouds and Private Clouds - feature in many sessions, as you would expect. Agatha Poon, Sr. Analyst at Yankee Group, for example, is giving a session focused on "Bridging the Gap Between Public Clouds and Private Clouds." Based on real-world case studies, her session will identify key operational imperatives including location, regulatory support, security, and interoperability that help shaping a scalable, global cloud infrastructure, and its timeline.
Real-World Case Studies - see the following entries: Public Clouds and Private Clouds (Agatha Poon's session); Cloud Storage (Cameron Bahar's session); Disaster Recovery (Tony Langenstein's Case Study).
Secure IT as a Service - is at the heart of the Day One keynote to be given by Richard Marcello, President of Systems & Technology, Unisys. Marcello will discuss the latest technologies and approaches that help knock down barriers to moving Enterprise application workloads to the Cloud, creating the opportunity for delegates to now consider cloud managed services as part of their data center journey to secure "IT as a Service."
Windows Azure - Bhushan Nene, Principal Architect in the Platform Evangelism Division at Microsoft will be co-presenting a session with the Co-Founder & CTO of Cumulux, Ranjith Ramakrishnan, in which delegates will learn how to build scalable and extensible RIAs on the Windows Azure Cloud. The session will cover enabling rich and complete User Experience customizations and addressing multi-tenant requirements.
Yahoo! Cloud @ Internet Scale - Dekel Tankel, Director of Product Management at Yahoo! Cloud Computing, will be giving a session describing the various cloud services offerings within Yahoo! and providing a glance for the company's exciting plans moving forward.
Yahoo! Cloud Services - will be left, front and center in the Day Two keynote being given by Shelton Shugar, SVP Cloud Computing at Yahoo! - who will be elaborating on how Yahoo! and consumers benefit from the Yahoo! Cloud Services that are in production today supporting web-serving properties and data processing environments.
Join us in Santa Clara, CA, at the 4th International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo and find out for yourself how the industry's leading practitioners are implementing their Cloud migration strategy.
The event is co-located with our 7th International Virtualization Conference & Expo.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict