|By Jeremy Geelan||
|January 13, 2009 01:59 PM EST||
SYS-CON Events, producer of the 2nd International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo, to be held March 30-April 1, 2009, in New York City, has announced the submissions deadline for its Call for Papers. Suitable topics include all aspects of providing or using massively scalable IT-related capabilities as a service using Internet technologies (see list of Suggested Topics below).
The Cloud Computing conference theme this March is “The Delivery of IT Resources as Services” - with 100+ breakout sessions by leading industry CEOs and CTOs whose companies already recognize that what today's companies need above all is to be able to build infrastructures that can scale up or down at a moment's notice.
Over the next five years, IDC expects spending on IT cloud services to grow almost threefold, reaching $42 billion by 2012 and accounting for some 9% of total software sales. More importantly, spending on cloud computing will accelerate throughout the forecast period, capturing 25% of IT spending growth in 2012 and nearly a third of growth the following year.
Cloud computing helps IT cut infrastructure costs while adding new features and services to grow core businesses. Clouds can help grow margins as costs are cut back but service offerings are expanded.
Sessions should be devised with a view to helping delegates learn about what thousands of companies are already using for a competitive advantage - while controlling costs and gaining flexibility and economies of scale.
Help plant your flag in the fast-expanding business opportunity that is The Cloud: submit your speaking proposal today!
Proposals are welcome on any and all related topics, including:
- SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
- Web-scale Computing
- Cloud Platforms
- Secure Cloud Computing
- Cloud Reliability
- Elastic Computing
- Cloud Computing & Privacy
- Cloud Databases
- Fabric Computing
- Cloud Storage
- Green IT
- High-Performance Computing
- Service Management
- Moving Towards Cloud Standards
- Grid Software
- Private vs Public Clouds
- Internal Clouds
- Managing Cloud Services
- Compliance Issues
- Cloud Dataflow
- Government Cloud Computing
- Cloud Building
- Mobile Cloud Computing
- Cloud Brokerages
|Jeremy Geelan 11/29/08 08:52:42 AM EST|
Proposal are welcome on any and all related topics, including: * SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS * Web-scale Computing * Cloud Platforms * Automation * Secure Cloud Computing * Cloud Reliability * Elastic Computing * Cloud Computing & Privacy * Cloud Databases * Scalability * Fabric Computing * Cloudbursting * Cloud Storage * Green IT * High-Performance Computing
|Jeremy Geelan 08/28/08 03:46:32 AM EDT|
As mentioned in the Call for Papers we particularly welcome speaking proposals on fast-emerging topics such as Cloud Security and Cloudstorming as well, of course, on all other aspects of delivering highly scalable IT as a service.
Bring them on!
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict