|By Virtualization News||
|May 29, 2007 11:15 AM EDT||
The widgetry requires no external memory or interface support, which is supposed to make it suitable for low-power blades and volume LAN on motherboard designs, a broader market strategy than Mellanox has had before.
Going public might have something to do with it. Gotta keep those numbers up.
In keeping with that thought, the new adapter is also supposed to be optimized for multi-core CPUs and virtualized server and storage data center infrastructure. Very coming thing.
The small-footprint, reduced-power, single-chip design is supposed to be ideal for volume applications.
Mellanox rates the bi-directional throughput at 17.6 Gb/s, with TCP/IP latencies of less than seven microseconds. Unidirectional traffic is line rate in either direction, it says.
It works with Windows, Linux, Xen and VMware and both Intel and AMD hardware virtualization, TCP/IP and iSCSI protocol stacks
Volume OEM pricing for the adapter with integrated XAUI< CX4, KX4 and XFO interfaces is $182; the NIC supporting dual CX4 cipper 10 gigE interfaces is $405; NICs with fiber SR and LR XFP module connectivity are also available, but Mellanox hasn't disclosed the price.
Meanwhile, Mellanox brags that it's shipped over two million Infiniband ports, a mix of 10 Gbps and 20 Gbps.
|Virtualization News 05/29/07 11:08:54 AM EDT|
Mellanox, which last time we looked was an Infiniband company, has just started peddling a dual-port single-chip so-called ConnectX EN 10 gigE adapter chip and NIC. The widgetry requires no external memory or interface support, which is supposed to make it suitable for low-power blades and volume LAN on motherboard designs, a broader market strategy than Mellanox has had before.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict