|By PR Newswire||
|August 20, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- InfoScout, the leading provider of real-time shopper insights, announced that it is donating almost half a million dollars this month to thousands of schools across the United States through its free fundraising platform, Shoparoo. The company also just released Shoparoo's largest redesign to date, in hopes of achieving its goal for the 2014-2015 school year: $1 million in donations.
Shoparoo is a free mobile app that allows users to take pictures of their grocery shopping receipts, and for each one, Shoparoo makes a cash donation to the user's chosen school. Just in time for the Back-to-School season, the company has released an updated version of the app that includes several new features that will help each school significantly boost their earnings.
One of the most significant new features of Shoparoo, "Every Receipt Counts", allows users to submit receipts from all types of retail stores including restaurants, clothing stores, and electronics retailers. Each non-grocery receipt earns the shopper's designated school an entry into both a $1000 monthly sweepstakes as well as a $15,000 annual sweepstakes. With the fundraising platform's added capabilities and the expected growth in participants, Shoparoo aims to reach that $1 million dollar donation mark by the end of the 2014-2015 school year.
Behind the scenes, InfoScout anonymizes and aggregates the shopping receipt data, which is then analyzed to discover insights into purchasing trends. Retailers and consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies, like Nestlé and Unilever, then pay for these insights in order to improve their products and optimize promotions. It's these revenues that fund much-needed donations to America's schools.
"We have a broken system where principals and underpaid teachers are taking money out of their own pockets to provide supplies for needy students," InfoScout co-founder and CEO Jared Schrieber explains. "We're proud to be able to funnel more and more of the money that brands and retailers spend on market research back into America's schools where it is so desperately needed."
These schools have been putting the donations from Shoparoo to good - and diverse - use. One school in Illinois used the funds for much needed renovations, and another in Pennsylvania financed their own recycling program. One school even funded a program to plant a garden that is now home to herons, butterflies, and even an occasional deer. According to Janine McQueen, a mother and avid fundraiser, "This is such a fun and easy way to earn money for your school - I don't know why everyone isn't using it yet!"
Originally launched in August of 2012 as a hassle-free fundraiser, Shoparoo has quickly been adopted by parents, teachers, and administrators across the country. Available on both the Apple App Store and Google Play, Shoparoo has grown from 200 participating schools in its first year to helping thousands of schools raise money by taking pictures of receipts and answering surveys. You can download the free app at www.Shoparoo.com to instantly begin supporting your local school.
InfoScout is the leading provider of real-time shopper insights. Leading consumer goods companies such as Procter & Gamble, Nestle, and Unilever leverage InfoScout's rich data and analytics to measure and improve market share, brand loyalty, and the success of new product launches through a better understanding of the 'why behind the buy.' Founded in San Francisco in 2011, InfoScout is the brainchild of Jared Schrieber, a former Algebra teacher turned retail data analytics executive, and Jon Brelig, a serial entrepreneur in the web and mobile space. For more information, visit www.infoscout.co.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict