|By RealWire News Distribution||
|August 19, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
New release simplifies deployment of multi-tier applications and adds support for latest versions of Windows, Apple, Linux and virtual applications
Maidenhead, U.K. - August 19, 2014 - Flexera Software, the leading provider of next-generation software licensing, compliance and installation solutions for application producers and enterprises, announced today the launch of InstallAnywhere 2014. The new release simplifies deployment of multi-tier applications and adds support for the latest versions of Windows, Apple, Linux and virtual applications.
Simplifying Deployment of Web/Server Applications
Agile development is increasing the frequency of software releases and, as a result, the time and effort around developing software installers. InstallAnywhere 2014 is the only multi-platform installation solution capable of automatically detecting and removing previous versions of an application, and correctly upgrading a previous version on an existing customer's PC. This new standard installation framework simplifies development and installation of upgrades for application producers.
In addition, InstallAnywhere 2014 is the first multi-platform installation solution to provide out-of-the-box support for the latest versions of MySQL and its supporting user dialogs. This allows developers to install databases and supporting panels to MySQL locally and remotely in a simplified environment.
Moreover, Java web application archive (WAR) files are a common way of packaging a web application into a Java style ZIP file. However these files do not include a customer-facing interface for deployment, and they are limited in their ability to bundle supporting prerequisites, runtimes, and machine configuration tasks. InstallAnywhere 2014 now provides new built-in panels that give end users more flexibility by supporting easier deployment of WAR files to local or remote Apache Tomcat 6, 7, and 8 servers.
Support for the Latest Versions of Windows, Apple, Linux, and Virtual Appliances
InstallAnywhere 2014 provides new platform support for:
- Apple: Apple OS X Mountain Lion (10.8),Apple OS X Mavericks (10.9), plus Java 8 support for OS X;
- Microsoft Windows: Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2;
- IBM: IBM SUSE Linux 11.3, Ubuntu 12.04, Solaris 11 Sparc, HP-UX 11i, AIX 7.1, IBM i5/OS, z/OS;
- Red Hat: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and Fedora 16.
"Virtualisation and the cloud continue to deliver tremendous benefits for both application producers and their customers," said Maureen Polte, Vice President of Product Management at Flexera Software. "InstallAnywhere 2014 accommodates both existing and emerging environments, enabling producers to support the physical configurations that customers still need and want, while delivering applications as cloud-based offerings."
# # #
- Learn more about InstallAnywhere 2014
- Learn more about Flexera Software's Installation Solutions
- Subscribe to Flexera Software's InstallTalk Blog
- Access InstallShield White Papers
- Access InstallShield Success Stories
- Access Free Trials of InstallAnywhere
Follow Flexera Software…
About Flexera Software
Flexera Software helps application producers and enterprises increase application usage and the value they derive from their software. Our next-generation software licensing, compliance and installation solutions are essential to ensure continuous licensing compliance, optimised software investments and to future-proof businesses against the risks and costs of constantly changing technology. Over 80,000 customers turn to Flexera Software as a trusted and neutral source for the knowledge and expertise we have gained as the marketplace leader for over 20 years and for the automation and intelligence designed into our products. For more information, please go to: www.flexerasoftware.com
For more information, contact:
Vidushi Patel / Nicola Males
T: +44 7958 474 632 / +44 7976 652491
Copyright © 2014 Flexera Software LLC. All other brand and product names mentioned herein may be the trademarks and registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict