|By PR Newswire||
|August 19, 2014 01:12 PM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, Aug. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Downtown Las Vegas, Nev. — Further solidifying its position as the world leader in cloud-based facial recognition, FacialNetwork, Inc. has announced the hiring of Satya Yenigalla as the company's chief operating officer.
Yenigalla brings his talents and experience to FacialNetwork just as the company is poised to release a suite of applications that will revolutionize facial recognition across all edge devices including mobile, wearables and tablets.
"The team at FacialNetwork really impressed me. They are the thought leaders in the facial recognition space, bar none," Yenigalla said. "FacialNetwork is at the confluence of three pivotal technology trends and is the only company leveraging the latest advancements in mobile, cloud and big data to create practical facial recognition applications."
Even with a stellar background at tech powerhouses like Samsung SDS, LG CNS, Oracle, Sybase (now SAP), Digital Equipment Corporation (now HP), and Cloudscape (now IBM), Yenigalla's decision to join FacialNetwork was an easy one. "To paraphrase one of our Silicon Valley partners, this technology is more than disruptive. FacialNetwork is the industry leader in an industry that doesn't even exist yet, cloud-based facial recognition," Yenigalla said.
Yenigalla has a master's degree in computer science from Villanova University and has spent more than two decades building tech startups and managing growth at Fortune 500 firms. He has served as a core team member with high-level executives at the most prominent Silicon Valley companies and Asia-Pacific global conglomerates.
"I was incredibly impressed with Satya's experience, talents, and network of influencers in Silicon Valley and around the world," said Kevin Alan Tussy, CEO of FacialNetwork, Inc. "Satya has been a key part of so many successful companies that when he chose to join FacialNetwork full-time, I knew we would achieve escape velocity."
The recently announced Facial Recognition Enterprise App Suite allows companies and developers to use facial recognition in their apps on smartphones, wearables, tablets, and other edge devices.
FacialNetwork's initial beta application, NameTag, launched on Google Glass as a search engine for people, scanning photos against millions of publicly sourced images in seconds.
FacialNetwork became the subject of an international media firestorm in February 2014 when Senator Al Franken wrote a three-page open letter to FacialNetwork expressing his concerns specifically about the power of the NameTag application. Google Glass users can request beta access at www.NameTag.ws.
For more information, visit www.FacialNetwork.com.
Contact: Jeff Haney
Office: (702) 385-7300
Cell: (702) 812-9008
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict