|By PR Newswire||
|August 12, 2014 08:01 AM EDT||
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In its eighth quarterly report, Good Technology™, the leader in secure mobility, today announced key findings from the company's Q2 2014 Good™ Mobility Index Report. This quarter, in addition to continued double digit growth in the number of customer-built applications, there was significant growth in the number of activations in secure instant messaging (IM), customer relationship management (CRM) and business intelligence (BI) apps.
A recent Forrester report notes, "In the very near future, technology management professionals must provide access to a host of corporate applications such as CRM, BPM, and HR. This is already evident, as we see more spending shift to software for mobile applications and middleware as well as the necessary management solutions to provision and manage mobile applications. At the end of the day, we may talk about mobile devices, but in reality it's all about the apps."
The data reported in this quarter's Mobility Index Report shows that organizations across Good's diverse customer base are adapting a 'going mobile' approach and leveraging the power of secure enterprise apps to mobilize business processes that have typically lived on the desktop. By deploying secure app-to-app workflows built on the Good Dynamics® Secure Mobility Platform, organizations use Good's connected container technology to help protect their sensitive corporate data within the apps they've chosen, and traveling between them.
"It's more apparent than ever that cross platform enterprise mobility is disrupting legacy desktop and mobile environments," said Christy Wyatt, Chairman and CEO of Good Technology. "We continue to see companies deploying a breadth of devices and a diverse set of applications to drive higher value for their business, across all vertical markets. Most exciting to us is the rapidly-growing segment of customers creating and deploying their own secure enterprise apps, across platforms, to fuel their business needs."
The Good Mobility Index Report was the first of its kind and has been established as the benchmark for transparency in understanding the operating system (OS) and application landscape across the enterprise. The OS breakdown of enterprise app activations shifted this quarter, with Android apps claiming 12 percent of total activations and taking four percentage points of share from iOS. In addition, from a device perspective, Android device activations grew this past quarter, increasing five percentage points to claim 32 percent of total activations.
 Forrester Research, Inc., The State Of Enterprise Mobile Security, Q1 2014: Strategies Shift From Devices To Apps, February 3, 2014.
Additional report findings include:
- The total number of enterprise app activations continued to see significant double digit growth, increasing 20 percent quarter over quarter.
- The gap seen in previous quarters in the number of tablet app activations versus smartphone activations significantly closed in Q2, coming in at 58 percent and 42 percent respectively.
- Government and public sector recorded an increase of five percentage points in total iPad activations.
The quarterly Good Mobility Index Report provides data that identifies the adoption of enterprise applications and device activations from the previous calendar quarter, leveraging insights from the company's vast and diverse customer base using the Good Dynamics® Secure Mobility Platform. The report is an ongoing initiative to track activations across the breadth of mobile platforms and devices and leverages findings from the more than 5,000 Good customers worldwide to highlight global mobility trends and usage patterns. The full report is available to view in PDF.
About the Good Mobility Index Report
The more than 5,000 customers represented in this report include bellwether companies– from Financial Services, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities, Legal, Government, and High Tech–making this data report a benchmark for mobility adoption. The metrics cited in this report are generated directly from Good's internal data, as aggregated from all devices activated across Good's worldwide customer base.
About Good Technology
Good Technology is the leader in secure mobility, providing the leading secure mobility solution for enterprises and governments worldwide, across all stages of the mobility lifecycle. Good's comprehensive, end-to-end secure mobility solutions portfolio consists of a suite of collaboration applications, a secure mobility platform, mobile device management, unified monitoring, management and analytics and a third-party application and partner ecosystem. Good has more than 5,000 customers in 184 countries, including more than 50 of the FORTUNE 100™ companies. Learn more at www.good.com.
Statements concerning future prospects, business outlook, and product availability and plans are forward looking statements that involve a number of uncertainties and risks. This information is intended to outline our general product direction and it should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. It is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and the development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at Good's sole discretion.
© 2014 Good Technology Corporation and its related entities. All use is subject to license terms posted at www.good.com/legal. All rights reserved. GOOD, GOOD TECHNOLOGY, the GOOD logo, GOOD FOR ENTERPRISE, GOOD FOR GOVERNMENT, GOOD FOR YOU, GOOD APPCENTRAL, GOOD DYNAMICS, SECURED BY GOOD, GOOD MOBILE MANAGER, GOOD CONNECT, GOOD CONNECTED CONTAINER, GOOD SHARE, GOOD TRUST, GOOD VAULT, and GOOD DYNAMICS APPKINETICS are trademarks of Good Technology Corporation and its related entities. All third-party trademarks, trade names, or service marks may be claimed as the property of their respective owners. Good's technology and products are protected by issued and pending U.S. and foreign patents.
iOS and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Phone: +1 858 524 9443
Email: [email protected]
Phone: + 1 408 400 3202
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Good Technology
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict