|By Business Wire||
|August 7, 2014 04:30 PM EDT||
With the entire mobile ecosystem at their fingertips, Mario Tapia, and Ryan Bloomer of Mobile Monday Silicon Valley and Todd Parker of Hidden River Ventures are putting their 45+ years of mobile startup and investment experience to work at their new accelerator and fund, Momentum. As the next generation of startup investment, by taking a sleeves-rolled-up, get-deals-done approach, Momentum helps mobile startups connect with industry ‘strategics’ to speed customer traction, line up investors, and dramatically grow their businesses.
Momentum’s previous class of nine startups raised more than $16+ Million in outside venture funding from investors like Google Ventures, NEA, True Ventures, Anthem Capital, Crosslink Capital, Band of Angels and others. In addition, they closed deals with customers like Tesla, DC Comics, CBS Interactive, Dentsu, Unilever, Globo Brasil, Williams-Sonoma and others.
Momentum will formally introduce the five companies that compromise its third class on August 7th at an event at their headquarters DG717 located at 717 Market Street and the new innovation space for Digital Garage - a major investor in Twitter, Path, Kiip and others.
Accepted companies to-date include:
- DonorTap (New York) – CRM for Donor matching intelligence & call management app for fundraising through ultimate rich engagement.
- Lynxfit (Washington, D.C) - Platform to turn a wearable device into an intelligent fitness coach through partner provided freemium fitness content.
- PixelPin (London) - Changes how businesses authenticate their users on mobile using personal pictures for a secure, personal, fast and private login.
- SWOL (Miami) – A passion engagement platform for international soccer fans that combines a content creation strategy with an innovative fantasy mobile game called Fury 90.
- Wyldfire (San Diego) - A female invite only, creep-free mobile dating community.
Momentum provides direct investment, extensive business development resources, and a 12-week intensive program consisting of workshops taught by industry leaders, class-A office space at DG717 and constant feedback on the investment pitch, business model, and product. Momentum’s support does not just end after twelve weeks. The team stays engaged as advisors for the life of the company, which past companies have taken advantage of.
“Mobile is what we know and it’s who we know, which is why Momentum can help mobile startups gain footing in a crowded and competitive vertical,” said Mario Tapia, Co-Founder and Managing Partner at Momentum. “Our team identifies the best and most promising entrepreneurs with the help of our ambassador program which is now in twenty of the most entrepreneurial cities around the world. Together, the Momentum team, mentors, and community transforms ‘promising’ into ‘reality’ by providing exceptional guidance and elite connections within the mobile ecosystem to talent, customers, and follow-on investment.”
The previous two classes consisted of 14 mobile startups, including The Orange Chef, BuzzStarter, Orbeus, Everypost, Madefire, Fiverun, MapJam, Xen-Do, Wishplz, Digify, Locomizer, Pocketmath, Squrl, and Relevance.
“The Momentum team and network is extremely impressive and has helped us immensely since we first met. Mario and Ryan now sit on our advisory board and we continue to interact with them,” said Santiago Merea, Founder and CEO, The Orange Chef. “When we came into the Momentum program we were a bootstrapped company with five employees. Five months later we are now 15 'chefs' strong and raised a $3 Million seed round from the likes of Google Ventures, NEA, and other notable investors.”
Momentum grows mature mobile startups with a hands-on approach and a focus on B2B. Momentum provides direct investment, extensive business development resources, and a 12-week intensive program hosted in San Francisco for selected startups looking to acquire customers and raise funds. Led by a team of mobile industry insiders with deep connections to OEMs, Carriers, Publishers, Brands and Agencies looking for mobile innovation, Momentum has already produced real results for its last class of nine companies, raising $16+ MM in funding from major investors.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict