|By Business Wire||
|August 7, 2014 04:00 PM EDT||
Texas major metro markets saw more than 1,800 new construction projects released for bid in the 2nd quarter of 2014, with a total contract value of $8.7 billion, BidClerk data showed. This compares to $12.2 billion in total contract value reported in the 1st quarter of 2014.
Nationally, BidClerk reported on $126 billion in commercial construction contracts out-to-bid in the 2nd quarter of 2014, across more than 50,000 projects. BidClerk saw an increase in the total contract values of more than $14 billion compared to the 2nd quarter of 2013. These figures include both public and private work, and it represents the aggregate value of actively bidding commercial construction contract opportunities available in BidClerk's database.
For the Houston MSA region, 2nd quarter BidClerk data shows there were more than 600 new construction projects released for bid, with a combined contract value of $2.9 billion.
One notable project that actively bid in the 2nd quarter of 2014 in the Houston MSA region is Challenger Columbia Stadium. (BidClerk project number 2755435.) It is being built at an estimated cost of $33.7 million. The owner is the Clear Creek Independent School District, the architect is PBK Architects (Houston, TX), and the general contractor is ICI Construction (Spring TX).
For the Dallas MSA region, BidClerk’s 2nd quarter BidClerk data shows there were more than 600 new construction projects released for bid, with a combined contract value of $3.3 billion.
One notable project that actively bid in the 2nd quarter in the Dallas MSA is the Embassy Suites. (BidClerk project number 1828597.) It is being built at an estimated cost of $85 million. The developer is O'Reilly Hospitality Management (Springfield, MO) and the architect is Butler Rosenbury & Partners (Springfield, MO).
The areas surveyed for this BidClerk Construction Index™ (BCI) report are major-metro regions in Texas, including Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; San Antonio, TX; Austin, TX; and El Paso, TX.
Today's new construction data was released by BidClerk, a leading provider of construction project data and marketing tools for building product manufacturers, contractors, and distributors. The BCI data represents projects that actively bid in the 2nd quarter of 2014 and is not a full representation of BidClerk's full project database that tracks construction project data from the pre-construction phases through construction put-in-place. The BidClerk Construction Index is a quarterly data service offered at no cost to media outlets that cover regional construction news. Members of the media may request custom BidClerk Construction Index reports for specific counties, regions, and states by contacting BidClerk: [email protected].
BidClerk offers an extensive range of construction project data and
marketing tools for building product manufacturers, contractors, and
distributors. Advanced analytics, superior data coverage, and cost
effectiveness set BidClerk services apart from competitors McGraw-Hill
Construction (NYSE: MHFI)
and Reed Construction Data (rel:Ln).
Find BidClerk on Twitter (@bidclerk), Facebook and Google Plus
More info: www.BidClerk.com or call (877) 737-6482.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict