|By PR Newswire||
|August 7, 2014 10:58 AM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, Aug. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SnoopWall (www.snoopwall.com), the world's first counterveillance software company, announced today the release of Privacy App™ for Android (www.snoopwall.com/snoopwall-privacy-app) platform mobile devices. The launch coincides with the two of the world's leading cybersecurity and computer hackers' conferences held in Las Vegas, Nevada, Black Hat 2014 and DefCon 2014.
"Antivirus is dead," says Brian Dye, Symantec's senior vice president for information security. Mr. Dye estimates antivirus now catches just 45% of cyberattacks (See: Wall Street Journal, May 4, 2014, also see: http://www.antivirustruth.org).
Cassidy Wolf, former Miss Teen USA 2013, was a victim of cyber exploitation through her apps - including Facebook and Instagram - as well as being eavesdropped on her webcam and microphone, even though she was using the latest antivirus software, is now a strong supporter of SnoopWall and their new Privacy App. She said "SnoopWall's Privacy App is free, easy to use and helps families, especially teens, become more aware of the dangers of being spied upon like I was." (See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M9xjsqWg7E)
Privacy App is based upon SnoopWall's patent-pending counterveillance technology. It digs deep into the privacy risks of Android devices so consumers will know which apps are spying on them. It shows users of Smartphones the dangers inherent in simply trusting their anti-virus software to protect them in online banking and other high-risk transactions. After 14 months of developing the technology and testing over 90,000 apps in the Android Play store, SnoopWall has discovered that at least 20% of these apps have permissions they don't need, making Android one of the most spied upon operating systems on the marketplace today. Some apps will run in the background just waiting for the unsuspecting user to say something important or type in a password, for example. Apps can take pictures without even turning on the webcam LED, so users are at tremendous risk and exposure of identity theft (Sources: www.privacyrights.org and www.snoopwallapps.com).
Privacy App provides the privacy "risk score" for app categories with the most critical apps listed at the top - including banking and financial transaction apps which have the highest need for security/privacy and typically have poor privacy risk scores. Ariel Sanchez, a consultant at security firm IOActive, said "70% of banking apps did not have any alternative authentication solutions...which could help to mitigate the risk of impersonation attacks…"
Privacy App uses SnoopWall's patent-pending "port authority" technology to determine which ports are being used to spy upon end users. It helps smartphone and tablet owners track the origin of apps and where they might be connecting to as they siphon personal information off of the device. Privacy App also makes it easy to uninstall or disable an app when possible. Whether a malicious application (malware) is known or unknown (zero-day) by most antivirus vendors, Privacy App can detect when an app is trying to spy on you by the behavior of the app. No other technology on the market today can make this claim.
Where antivirus and firewalls fail, SnoopWall's new technology succeeds. Privacy App is just one the growing suite of next generation security products being delivered by SnoopWall and its OEM partners.
Privacy App is currently available on the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snoopwall.privacyapp
SnoopWall developers plan Apple iOS and Windows releases in September 2014.
SnoopWall is the world's first counterveillance software company focused on helping consumers and enterprises protect their privacy on all of their computing devices including smartphones, tablets, and laptops. SnoopWall augments endpoint security (antivirus, firewall, intrusion prevention) through patent-pending technology that detects and blocks all remote control, eavesdropping and spying and, while preventing data leakage and increasing device battery life/performance. SnoopWall's software is proudly made in the U.S.A. Visit snoopwall.com and follow us on Twitter: @SnoopWallSecure.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
Nancy Rose Senich | SnoopWall LLC | VP, Marketing
202-262-6996 cell | [email protected]
SOURCE SnoopWall, LLC
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict