|By Business Wire||
|August 5, 2014 10:20 AM EDT||
PokitDok Inc., a cloud-based provider of solutions for the business of health, announced five new additions to its leadership team, to power its nationwide expansion: Adam Grant, Senior Vice President of Customer Success; David George, Senior Vice President, Business Development; Brandon Nosacka, Vice President of Business Development; Natalie Cann, Vice President of Marketing; and Lisa Suennen, who is joining PokitDok’s Board of Directors. These five distinguished healthcare executives are helping to drive PokitDok’s triple-digit growth this year.
Lisa Suennen, Managing Partner at Venture Valkyrie Consulting, joins PokitDok's Board of Directors. (Photo: Business Wire)
“The fundamental changes in the US healthcare system have created one of the biggest entrepreneurial opportunities of our lifetime,” said Lisa Suennen, board member, PokitDok. “That’s why accomplished veterans in both technology and healthcare are flocking to digital health companies that have true technical prowess combined with a deep understanding of how to solve the healthcare market’s challenges. PokitDok is an excellent example of this combination of skills and solutions and I am delighted to join their team.”
PokitDok’s new leadership team is focused on scaling nationwide adoption of its e-commerce platform that connects consumers with more than four million health providers nationwide, by specialty, condition or provider name. Consumers can request a quote for a non-acute procedure, secure a price before they visit their health practitioner, and pay by credit card, HSA or insurance. These five healthcare veterans are building enterprise distribution channels and were behind last month’s launch of PokitDok Platform for developers, the first of its kind to enable access to real-time health data through its Application Programming Interface (API). The new leadership includes:
- Adam Grant joins PokitDok as Senior Vice President of Customer Success. He is an award-winning Customer Success executive with 17 years of experience in healthcare, technology, and health IT. He comes to PokitDok from Practice Fusion, where he built and retained a customer base of more than 100,000 doctors and medical professionals using its web-based Electronic Health Records system. Previously, he was with Deloitte Consulting and Alliance Consulting Group, where his clients included Gilead Sciences, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, PacifiCare, and Providence Health & Services. Grant holds an MS in Organizational Behavior and Entrepreneurship from Stanford University and a BA in Economics from Dartmouth College.
- David George brings 20 years of experience driving global business development, alliances, product management, and sales programs to PokitDok. As the Senior Vice President of Business Development, George plays an instrumental part in creating alliances and driving revenue across a diverse ecosystem of insurance companies, self-insured corporations, provider networks, and technology partners. His career spans senior leadership positions in business development, strategy, and product management at Microsoft, Sencha, Limelight Networks and start-ups, where he helped take companies public, developed and launched multiple SaaS and mobile product lines globally, grew revenue channels from inception to over $100 million, and created award-winning industry alliances and product marketing campaigns.
- As Vice President of Business Development at PokitDok, Brandon Nosacka is building an affinity across the provider ecosystem. Nosacka brings 12 years of experience in the healthcare industry. Prior to PokitDok, he served as the VP of Sales at Axial Exchange, where he drove the adoption of mobile software that helps patients, physicians and other health professionals coordinate care. Before that, he joined ZocDoc as the 30th employee, where he was ranked a top producer in sales and launched and managed five new markets across the southeast.
- A 16-year veteran in digital marketing, Natalie Cann joins PokitDok as Vice President of Marketing. Recognized for her innovative growth strategies, she was recruited from WellnessFX, where she grew the customer base by 700 percent her first year. She previously managed global customer acquisition programs for top brands like American Express and Ask.com, but also maintains a track record of helping to bring successful start-ups to market, such as Marin Software. Cann holds a BS in Business Management from Brigham Young University.
- As one of Silicon Valley’s top health and life sciences investors, Lisa Suennen joins the Board of Directors, bringing her deep domain expertise and rich network to PokitDok. Suennen is Managing Partner at Venture Valkyrie Consulting, and also writes the popular health and investing blog, Venture Valkyrie. Lisa previously spent 15 years as a founding partner of Psilos Group, a healthcare-focused venture capital firm. Prior to Psilos, Lisa held a spectrum of senior executive roles at Merit Behavioral Care, a company she helped lead from start-up to IPO to its ultimate sale. Lisa is currently a member of the Qualcomm Life Advisory Board, a member of the Dignity Health Foundation Board, an Advisor to the California Health Care Foundation Innovation Fund, and a member of the Board of Health IT company Beyond Lucid Technologies. A UC Berkeley graduate, she also teaches healthcare and venture capital classes at the UC Berkeley Haas School of Business.
Behind PokitDok’s intuitive consumer experience rests the largest health graph of information on physician, treatment, benefit, and costs and in the future, data fed from personalized medicine and social footprinting. Third party developers at payers, health systems and digital health companies who license the PokitDok Platform can build apps with integrated access to current cash and reimbursement-based prices for healthcare treatments, a rich provider directory and real-time eligibility, claims and benefits enrollment information. PokitDok’s leadership team is bringing this unprecedented capability to market and will lead its industry-wide deployment.
“Lisa, Adam, David, Brandon and Natalie are huge assets to PokitDok; they see the tremendous opportunity to transform the process of finding, receiving and paying for treatment,” said Lisa Maki, co-founder & CEO, PokitDok. “The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act introduced a sweeping set of market dynamics and our new additions have the industry and technical aptitude to execute on our vision at this historic moment in time.”
Founded in 2011, PokitDok is a cloud-based platform for healthcare purchases, connecting consumers directly with practitioners in a transparent, e-commerce experience. PokitDok provides enterprise access to market driven provider, treatment and price information for Employers, Payers and Health networks seeking to reduce expenses and capture lost reimbursements. PokitDok also provides an e-commerce storefront for practitioners seeking to market their services and enable consumers to pay for treatment up front. For consumers to shop for a doctor, service or request a price quote, go to PokitDok.com or download the app on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. PokitDok is based in San Mateo, CA and Charleston, SC and backed by New Atlantic Ventures, Rogers Venture Partners, and Subtraction Capital.
IoT solutions exploit operational data generated by Internet-connected smart “things” for the purpose of gaining operational insight and producing “better outcomes” (for example, create new business models, eliminate unscheduled maintenance, etc.). The explosive proliferation of IoT solutions will result in an exponential growth in the volume of IoT data, precipitating significant Information Governance issues: who owns the IoT data, what are the rights/duties of IoT solutions adopters towards t...
Dec. 10, 2016 03:15 AM EST Reads: 399
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 10, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 786
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Dec. 10, 2016 02:00 AM EST Reads: 582
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, discussed recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model for s...
Dec. 10, 2016 01:30 AM EST Reads: 760
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 10, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,263
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 11:30 PM EST Reads: 1,155
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lead...
Dec. 9, 2016 10:45 PM EST Reads: 548
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, discussed how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your aud...
Dec. 9, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 326
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,287
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 9, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,029
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 5,150
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,771
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,377
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,479
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,901
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,872
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,324
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,254
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 996
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 897