|By Business Wire||
|August 5, 2014 10:20 AM EDT||
PokitDok Inc., a cloud-based provider of solutions for the business of health, announced five new additions to its leadership team, to power its nationwide expansion: Adam Grant, Senior Vice President of Customer Success; David George, Senior Vice President, Business Development; Brandon Nosacka, Vice President of Business Development; Natalie Cann, Vice President of Marketing; and Lisa Suennen, who is joining PokitDok’s Board of Directors. These five distinguished healthcare executives are helping to drive PokitDok’s triple-digit growth this year.
Lisa Suennen, Managing Partner at Venture Valkyrie Consulting, joins PokitDok's Board of Directors. (Photo: Business Wire)
“The fundamental changes in the US healthcare system have created one of the biggest entrepreneurial opportunities of our lifetime,” said Lisa Suennen, board member, PokitDok. “That’s why accomplished veterans in both technology and healthcare are flocking to digital health companies that have true technical prowess combined with a deep understanding of how to solve the healthcare market’s challenges. PokitDok is an excellent example of this combination of skills and solutions and I am delighted to join their team.”
PokitDok’s new leadership team is focused on scaling nationwide adoption of its e-commerce platform that connects consumers with more than four million health providers nationwide, by specialty, condition or provider name. Consumers can request a quote for a non-acute procedure, secure a price before they visit their health practitioner, and pay by credit card, HSA or insurance. These five healthcare veterans are building enterprise distribution channels and were behind last month’s launch of PokitDok Platform for developers, the first of its kind to enable access to real-time health data through its Application Programming Interface (API). The new leadership includes:
- Adam Grant joins PokitDok as Senior Vice President of Customer Success. He is an award-winning Customer Success executive with 17 years of experience in healthcare, technology, and health IT. He comes to PokitDok from Practice Fusion, where he built and retained a customer base of more than 100,000 doctors and medical professionals using its web-based Electronic Health Records system. Previously, he was with Deloitte Consulting and Alliance Consulting Group, where his clients included Gilead Sciences, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, PacifiCare, and Providence Health & Services. Grant holds an MS in Organizational Behavior and Entrepreneurship from Stanford University and a BA in Economics from Dartmouth College.
- David George brings 20 years of experience driving global business development, alliances, product management, and sales programs to PokitDok. As the Senior Vice President of Business Development, George plays an instrumental part in creating alliances and driving revenue across a diverse ecosystem of insurance companies, self-insured corporations, provider networks, and technology partners. His career spans senior leadership positions in business development, strategy, and product management at Microsoft, Sencha, Limelight Networks and start-ups, where he helped take companies public, developed and launched multiple SaaS and mobile product lines globally, grew revenue channels from inception to over $100 million, and created award-winning industry alliances and product marketing campaigns.
- As Vice President of Business Development at PokitDok, Brandon Nosacka is building an affinity across the provider ecosystem. Nosacka brings 12 years of experience in the healthcare industry. Prior to PokitDok, he served as the VP of Sales at Axial Exchange, where he drove the adoption of mobile software that helps patients, physicians and other health professionals coordinate care. Before that, he joined ZocDoc as the 30th employee, where he was ranked a top producer in sales and launched and managed five new markets across the southeast.
- A 16-year veteran in digital marketing, Natalie Cann joins PokitDok as Vice President of Marketing. Recognized for her innovative growth strategies, she was recruited from WellnessFX, where she grew the customer base by 700 percent her first year. She previously managed global customer acquisition programs for top brands like American Express and Ask.com, but also maintains a track record of helping to bring successful start-ups to market, such as Marin Software. Cann holds a BS in Business Management from Brigham Young University.
- As one of Silicon Valley’s top health and life sciences investors, Lisa Suennen joins the Board of Directors, bringing her deep domain expertise and rich network to PokitDok. Suennen is Managing Partner at Venture Valkyrie Consulting, and also writes the popular health and investing blog, Venture Valkyrie. Lisa previously spent 15 years as a founding partner of Psilos Group, a healthcare-focused venture capital firm. Prior to Psilos, Lisa held a spectrum of senior executive roles at Merit Behavioral Care, a company she helped lead from start-up to IPO to its ultimate sale. Lisa is currently a member of the Qualcomm Life Advisory Board, a member of the Dignity Health Foundation Board, an Advisor to the California Health Care Foundation Innovation Fund, and a member of the Board of Health IT company Beyond Lucid Technologies. A UC Berkeley graduate, she also teaches healthcare and venture capital classes at the UC Berkeley Haas School of Business.
Behind PokitDok’s intuitive consumer experience rests the largest health graph of information on physician, treatment, benefit, and costs and in the future, data fed from personalized medicine and social footprinting. Third party developers at payers, health systems and digital health companies who license the PokitDok Platform can build apps with integrated access to current cash and reimbursement-based prices for healthcare treatments, a rich provider directory and real-time eligibility, claims and benefits enrollment information. PokitDok’s leadership team is bringing this unprecedented capability to market and will lead its industry-wide deployment.
“Lisa, Adam, David, Brandon and Natalie are huge assets to PokitDok; they see the tremendous opportunity to transform the process of finding, receiving and paying for treatment,” said Lisa Maki, co-founder & CEO, PokitDok. “The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act introduced a sweeping set of market dynamics and our new additions have the industry and technical aptitude to execute on our vision at this historic moment in time.”
Founded in 2011, PokitDok is a cloud-based platform for healthcare purchases, connecting consumers directly with practitioners in a transparent, e-commerce experience. PokitDok provides enterprise access to market driven provider, treatment and price information for Employers, Payers and Health networks seeking to reduce expenses and capture lost reimbursements. PokitDok also provides an e-commerce storefront for practitioners seeking to market their services and enable consumers to pay for treatment up front. For consumers to shop for a doctor, service or request a price quote, go to PokitDok.com or download the app on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. PokitDok is based in San Mateo, CA and Charleston, SC and backed by New Atlantic Ventures, Rogers Venture Partners, and Subtraction Capital.
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 17, 2017 03:26 PM EST Reads: 190
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,727
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,622
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Jan. 17, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,350
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 17, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 206
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 17, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 5,047
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 17, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 4,423
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 17, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 5,530
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 17, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 4,176
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 5,704
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,903
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 518
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,738
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,636
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Jan. 17, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,753
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 17, 2017 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,957
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 17, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 5,901
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jan. 17, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 6,775
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jan. 17, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 3,778
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 17, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,143