|By Business Wire||
|July 29, 2014 02:33 PM EDT||
CPA.com continues to line up acclaimed thought leaders in technology and business transformation for its signature event, the Digital CPA Conference. One of the featured speakers this year will be Nicholas Carr, whose thought-provoking books and articles over the past decade include “IT Doesn’t Matter,” “Is Google Making Us Stupid?” and “The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains,” a finalist for the 2011 Pulitzer Prize in general nonfiction.
Previous keynote speakers at Digital CPA have included technology strategist Geoffrey Moore and Simon Sinek, author of the business bestseller, “Start with Why.” This year’s conference, put on by CPA.com and the American Institute of CPAs, will be held Dec. 8-10, 2014, at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
Carr, a former editor of Harvard Business Review, served on the steering board of the World Economic Forum’s cloud computing project. His book on the impact of cloud computing, “The Big Switch: Rewiring the World, from Edison to Google,” was called “magisterial” by Salon and is particularly relevant to changes transforming the accounting profession. Carr is regarded as a leading thinker on information technology and has been called “Silicon Valley’s favorite contrarian.” His latest book, “The Glass Cage: Automation and Us,” will be published in September.
“Securing someone of Nicholas Carr’s caliber is consistent with our vision for Digital CPA,” said Michael Cerami, vice president of corporate alliances for CPA.com. "We believe it’s important to tie in the human element of technology adoption. When speaking to firms about the cloud, it’s as much about the people and workplace culture as the technology itself."
Other speakers at this year’s Digital CPA Conference include:
- Erik Asgeirsson, president and CEO of CPA.com
- Barry C. Melancon, CPA, CGMA, president and CEO of AICPA
- George F. Will, the noted political commentator
- Dr. James Canton, a futurist, author, and CEO and chairman of the Institute for Global Futures
New this year at Digital CPA is pre-conference workshops that emphasize training from leading cloud technology providers Bill.com, Intacct and XCM Solutions, as many attendees are leveraging these solutions in their client practice or to support internal workflows. Based on feedback from past attendees, learning classes also are offered at various proficiency levels, with some designed for firms just starting out with digital solutions and others for those looking to step up to the next level. In addition, the conference will be co-located this year with the Information Technology Alliance’s fall collaborative, which will allow greater networking and some cross-session opportunities for attendees of both events.
CPA.com, formerly known as CPA2Biz, empowers CPAs and businesses for the digital age.
The company's core offering of cloud-based technology solutions targets the practice management, client services and developmental needs of financial professionals in an increasingly complex world. In addition to its CPA.com branded offerings, the company forms strategic alliances with leading solutions providers focused on the accounting profession and serves as a value-added distributor of these solutions to CPA firms nationwide.
CPA.com powers such leading websites as the AICPA Store, AICPA.org and IFRS.com. The company is a subsidiary of the American Institute of CPAs, the world's largest member organization representing the accounting profession. For more information, visit CPA.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict