|By Marketwired .||
|July 29, 2014 11:31 AM EDT||
ITASCA, IL--(Marketwired - July 29, 2014) - Flexera Software, the leading provider of next-generation software licensing, compliance and installation solutions for application producers and enterprises, announced the release of AdminStudio Suite 2014. The new release helps enterprises eliminate much of the risk and inefficiency around preparing mobile applications for deployment via centralized Application Readiness best practice processes and automation.
"While many organizations have well-developed Application Readiness processes for testing, fixing and preparing enterprise applications for deployment -- the introduction of mobile applications into the environment without similar processes can create significant risks," said Robert Young, Research Manager at IDC. "We recommend that organizations look closely at all mobile apps touching enterprise data and systems, and implement centralized processes to ensure governance and reliability of those apps prior to their deployment."
Streamlining Mobile Application Management
AdminStudio Suite 2014 ensures applications conform with IT's standards and work within an organization's environment by following best practice processes for preparing physical, virtual, and mobile applications. In addition to managing internally-developed mobile apps with AdminStudio, organizations can now import public store links from Apple
"It's essential that we have best practices, processes and technology that we can use to test, fix and package all of our enterprise apps," said Neil Codina, an application packager at Wood Group Mustang. "AdminStudio Suite 2014 provides this for our current environment, Win7 64-bit, App-V, Citrix. And it gives us great confidence knowing that it will also handle the future environments to which we will migrate, including future OS's, mobile applications and cloud computing."
Test Mobile Apps for Device Operating System (OS) Compatibility
AdminStudio Suite 2014 also enables organizations to automate compatibility testing of mobile apps for error-free deployment to mobile operating systems and devices such as iPads
Assess Mobile App Portfolio for Risky Behaviors and Compliance with Enterprise Policies
Mobile apps are capable of accessing and exposing critical and sensitive corporate data, presenting challenges to enterprise security. To address this concern, AdminStudio Suite 2014 now is able to identify organizations' mobile apps displaying behaviors that may introduce risk to corporate security and data privacy. The solution provides automated processes that look inside the mobile app property files and APIs to understand what features the app is accessing on the device in order to identify apps that exhibit risky behavior. Transparency to these behaviors will help enterprises establish mobile application management policies and configuration profiles designed to reduce risk.
"Security and risk are the big unknowns that enterprises assume when allowing mobile apps into their environments," said John Marcum, an enterprise architect at BABC. "AdminStudio Suite 2014 is the only solution I'm aware of that allows us to test those applications as we're preparing them for deployment to ensure we understand their potential impact on our systems, and can plan for and manage that risk."
Getting to Know Features & Behaviors of Mobile Apps
Strategic use of mobile apps in the enterprise is on the rise, yet there is rarely any institutional knowledge regarding how mobile apps behave when deployed or how to modify that behavior to support enterprise standards. AdminStudio Suite 2014 now provides automated processes that allow IT to look inside the mobile app property files and APIs to understand what the app is accessing on the device, (i.e. Camera, GPS) increasing understanding of the mobile app and OS settings in order to establish appropriate packaging and deployment policies.
"As organizations implement consumer-friendly policies like Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), IT teams are under the gun to deliver service to their teams without sacrificing reliability and security. Nowhere is this more challenging than in the proliferation of mobile apps accessing enterprise data and systems," said Maureen Polte, Vice President of Product Management at Flexera Software. "AdminStudio Suite 2014 is the only strategic Application Readiness solution capable of delivering a consistent, set of IT processes across all enterprise applications -- including mobile."
AdminStudio Suite 2014 now also provides tests to determine compatibility of Web applications with Internet Explorer 11, and support for VMware ThinApp 5.0 with new virtualization suitability tests and conversion capabilities. AdminStudio 2014 also makes it easier and faster than ever to upgrade Microsoft App-V 4.x virtual applications to App-V 5.0.
Learn more about:
- Flexera Software AdminStudio Suite
- AdminStudio Virtualization Pack
- AdminStudio Application Compatibility Pack
- AdminStudio Virtual Desktop Assessment
- AdminStudio Mobile Pack
- App Portal
- Workflow Manager
- FlexNet Manager Suite
Follow Flexera Software…
About Flexera Software
Flexera Software helps application producers and enterprises increase application usage and the value they derive from their software. Our next-generation software licensing, compliance and installation solutions are essential to ensure continuous licensing compliance, optimized software investments and to future-proof businesses against the risks and costs of constantly changing technology. Over 80,000 customers turn to Flexera Software as a trusted and neutral source for the knowledge and expertise we have gained as the marketplace leader for over 20 years and for the automation and intelligence designed into our products. For more information, please go to: www.flexerasoftware.com.
Copyright © 2014 Flexera Software LLC. All other brand and product names mentioned herein may be the trademarks and registered trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information, contact:
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict