|By Business Wire||
|July 28, 2014 11:15 AM EDT||
mobli (www.mobli.com), the leading social platform for sharing photos, videos and live broadcasting, announced today the release of MIRAGE, a brand new stand-alone camera messaging app that gives users the easiest way to message each other through photos and videos that last for just a moment.
With simplicity in mind MIRAGE is based on a one-tap principle, where the main functions can be accessed with a single tap or press. Like in real-life where people have one time conversations that are unrecorded, so are the instant messages in the app, lasting only a few seconds.
Users’ contacts are automatically added to the app from their phone contact list so they can send a photo, video, text or voice message to their friends immediately regardless of whether they have installed the app or not.
The UI of MIRAGE is incredibly simple, free of unnecessary clutter and options. Taking and sending a photo is accomplished with a single tap on a contact’s profile photo. Similarly, users can send a video by holding on the contact’s photo – recording for up-to 15 seconds. Once the user releases the profile picture the video is sent immediately.
This simplicity principle holds true throughout the app, with most of the features accessed by a single tap:
- Tap a contact to send a picture
- Tap and hold a contact to send a video
- Double tap on the Image-screen to add text
- Tap the Image-screen to switch between front and rear cameras
Moshe Hogeg, CEO of mobli: “Our vision as a company has always been to bring people together through visual content. We built MIRAGE as a messaging tool to extend our natural daily conversations that in real life are simple and unrecorded. The technology enables us to send temporary messages to anyone without being limited to the ecosystem of the app.”
With MIRAGE, all of a user’s contacts are instantly available, with the most popular contacts at the top of the list. If a contact doesn’t have the MIRAGE app, they are sent an SMS with a link to the photo or video which they can access from their mobile browser. The web experience completely replicates the experience of the app allowing MIRAGE users to send camera-messages to all of their phone contacts.
About MIRAGE & mobli:
MIRAGE is a remarkably intuitive and fun new camera-messaging app that lets users send unrecorded photo, video, text, and voice messages to all their contacts that last for only a few seconds. With a laser focus on speed and simplicity, MIRAGE lets users send photos and videos to anyone, even if they don’t have the app installed, which they can annotate with text or voice messages in a tap.
MIRAGE. Your life, unrecorded.
mobli provides a richer and smarter way to capture and share photos and videos with friends and the world, while featuring unparalleled visual effects. On mobli, users can follow and engage with individuals as well as communities based on interests and locations. mobli’s vision is to connect people across the globe so users can experience the world through other people’s eyes.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict