|By Jayaram Krishnaswamy||
|July 10, 2014 11:42 PM EDT||
Read this White paper to get a feeling for what is brewing:
SPDY modifies the HTTP rather than replacing it and functions at the Session level. It functions as a tunnel for HTTP and HTTPs requests. HTTP 2.0 which in the works takes SPDY as a starting point.
Source: white paper
- Multiplexed Streams
- Request prioritization
- HTTP Header compression
How is the speed achieved?
Latency reduction is acheived through compression, mulitplexing and prioritization (Basic features). The multiplexing is carried over one client connection for subweb resources instead of HTTP fetching one resource per connection.
Well how does HTTP with SPDY compares with HTTP?
Well web pages are complex constructs with images; style sheets; media etc fetched through connections slow and fast. It appears SDPY would work faster than HTTP in most cases.
Here is the performance comparison table from Google whitepaper:
Microsoft is also looking at SPDY and here is link to Microsoft research on comparing HTTP with SPDY and HTTP:
Here is a performance chart for a popular web site (from Microsoft's PDF above):
Well we want to surf faster and with our Smartphones to get the same experience like the one on desktop something has to change.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict