|By Business Wire||
|July 9, 2014 09:45 AM EDT||
Havok™, a leading provider of 3D game development technology, announces Chasing Carrots as the winner of the Project Anarchy™ Mobile Game Dev Challenge. The team’s project, Cosmonautica – A Space Trading Adventure, will receive the $100,000 top cash prize for creating the best mobile game built using Havok’s mobile optimized suite of technology, as decided by an esteemed panel of judges, which consisted of a diverse group of industry veterans from game developers Rare, Double Fine, Funomena, Nyamyam, Harmonix and Uber Entertainment.
In Cosmonautica, players take on the role of an aspiring captain of a small washed-up space cruiser who is after fame and fortune in the expanses of uncharted space. Players will explore the galaxy and pursue intergalactic trading in dynamic and randomly-generated solar systems. Cosmonautica combines space trading and life simulation with a colorful aesthetic, charming characters and hilarious adventures to create a wholly unique mobile experience. Players can find more information about the title at the official website: http://cosmo-nautica.com/. The beta version is currently available on the app store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chasingcarrots.cosmonautica), with the final release due in late Summer/early Fall on Android and iOS platforms.
The second place winner of the Project Anarchy Game Dev Challenge is Jemin Hwang for his title, Hmmsim, which earned him the $25,000 cash prize. Hmmsim (http://jeminie.kr) is a beautifully rendered train simulation game for the South Korean Market. The title features a detailed recreation of Seoul Metro Line 2.
The third place prize went to the title, Temple Match, which earned developer James Allcock and artist Manny Marquez a cash prize of $15,000. Temple Match (http://www.groovysugar.com) is a simple yet challenging color matching action-puzzle game. Players will match blocks together by color and then use the lever to dispose of them, and the more blocks they can remove at once the higher the score gets. If players can’t keep up with the heightening pace, then it’s game over!
“The Project Anarchy Mobile Game Development Challenge has opened the door for very talented developers to use Havok’s powerful mobile toolset to create innovative and fun game experiences on mobile platforms,” said Andrew Bowell, Head of Product Management at Havok. “Each of the winners exemplify the potential of the Havok product suite and demonstrate that indie developers can use Havok’s technology to rapidly create a diverse range of experiences.”
Havok’s suite of mobile optimized technology includes Havok’s Vision Engine®, Havok Physics™, Havok Animation™ and Havok AI™ as used in cutting-edge franchises such as Skyrim™, Halo, Assassin’s Creed®, and Uncharted. With features like an extensible C++ architecture, a flexible asset management system, advanced Lua debugging, rapid prototyping with the vSceneViewer functionality, full integration with fmod® and Autodesk Scaleform and Beast, and customizable game samples and tutorials, Havok Vision Engine offers game developers the ability to quickly iterate on their ideas and create incredible gaming experiences.
For more information on Project Anarchy, developers can visit www.havok.com.
As a leading provider of games development technologies, Havok has over 13 years of experience servicing the most demanding technology requirements for leading customers in the commercial games and entertainment industry. A combination of superior technology and dedication to delivering industry leading support to its customers has led to the company’s technologies being used in over 500 of the best known and award-winning titles including Halo 4, Halo: Spartan Assault, Assassin’s Creed 4, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Injustice: God Among Us, DmC: Devil May Cry, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Guild Wars 2, and Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour.
Havok works in partnership with the world’s best known publishers, developer studios and developer teams, including Microsoft Game Studios®, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Nintendo®, Ubisoft®, NC Soft, Rockstar, EA, Bethesda ™, Insomniac, Relic, Bungie, Naughty Dog, Evolution Studios and Guerrilla Games. Its cross-platform, professionally supported technology is available for the Xbox One® and Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment systems, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Wii™, Wii U, PlayStation Vita®, Android™, iOS, Windows® 8 (Desktop, Tablet and Phone), Windows 7, Apple Mac OS and Linux.
Havok’s products have also been used to drive special effects in movies such as Harry Potter, Watchmen, James Bond, and The Matrix. Havok has offices in Dublin (Ireland), San Francisco, Seoul, Tokyo, Shanghai, and Germany. Havok is an Intel® owned company.
Autodesk and Scaleform are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. Havok and Project Anarchy are trademarks of Havok. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. Press release © 2014 Havok
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict