|By Business Wire||
|July 8, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
Alpine Electronics is restyling mindsets and vehicle dashboards with the new X009 series Audio/Video/Navigation (AVN) system with a 9-inch screen, which is the largest size in the aftermarket. The X009-GM, designed for GM trucks and SUVs, is the first model in the series and is now shipping. The X009U for custom applications is also now available.
Alpine Electronics is restyling mindsets and vehicle dashboards with the new X009 series Audio/Video/Navigation (AVN) system with a 9-inch screen, the largest size in the aftermarket. (Photo: Business Wire)
“Truck and SUV owners lead active lives and depend on their vehicles for work and play,” said Steve Crawford, vice president and general manager, aftermarket business unit, Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. “The X009-GM is a revolutionary product with an oversized screen, advanced technology and superior aesthetics that delivers a premium in-vehicle experience.”
Accompanying the launch of the X009 series is the new “Alpine Restyle” product, marketing and sales strategy. After conducting extensive research, the company found that the truck and SUV vehicle platform, along with the lifestyles lived by the owners of these vehicles, provided the best opportunity for innovation with the X009 series. Various external and internal activities are underway to reach these vehicle owners through social media programs, advertising, consumer events and in-store displays. The Alpine Restyle strategy was recently shared with authorized Alpine retailers at a launch event, where attendees learned why and how they should target these consumers.
“The Alpine Restyle focus on trucks and SUVs provides opportunities for our business by forcing us to think less traditionally and giving us the chance to expose our customers to new items that they otherwise might not even know existed,” said Derek Kenney, owner of Sound in Motion in Allston, Massachusetts.
“Alpine’s new Restyle program gives us a 360-degree solution for these unique truck owners. Our shop caters to this customer already, so this makes it easier, more profitable, and it gives us their toys to work on,” said Joe Roberts, owner of Roberts Mobile Electronics in Louisville.
Custom Designed External Keys for Various Trucks and SUVs
Totally unique to the X009 series are external keys that integrate into the factory radio’s outer bezel. The keys are custom designed with ergonomics and the Alpine style in mind, matching the lighting color and style of specific truck and SUV models. The X009-GM consists of the 9-inch AVN system and custom external key set for 2007-2013 GM trucks and 2007-2014 GM SUVs with the low-radio dash style. The X009-GM’s external keys are backlit in the same green hue used on the factory dash. Additional versions of the X009 AVN system packaged with external key sets for other trucks and SUVs will be introduced later this year.
Included iDatalink® Maestro Module
The X009-GM retains many factory vehicle controls through the included iDatalink Maestro module and vehicle-specific T-harness. Features that can be retained include: OnStar™ from GM, factory audio amplification, rear seat entertainment system, rearview camera, SiriusXM, and steering wheel controls. Additional vehicle functions that are accessible through the Maestro module include vehicle gauges, tire pressure, “check engine” warnings, and factory parking sensor integration (retained features and customized vehicle information vary by vehicle model). The iDatalink Maestro module is also compatible with the X009U but is sold separately.
TuneIt® 2.0 Sound Tuning and Sharing App
The X009-GM and X009U can be used with TuneIt 2.0, Alpine’s exclusive smartphone app for in-vehicle sound tuning. TuneIt 2.0 also notifies the user of incoming activity on his or her Facebook wall through a pop-up message on the screen, displaying the name and photo of the sender. If the user chooses to accept the notification, TuneIt 2.0 will play the message back via text-to-speech and the user can “Like” the message through the press of a button. When the vehicle is parked, the user can view posted photos and messages on the screen.
The X009-GM and X009U can control various audio sources for a wide range of entertainment choices. Both models have a built-in HD Radio™ receiver and offer Pandora® control from iPhone® and Android™ smartphones. They are “Made for iPod and iPhone” compatible and have rear USB access. They are also compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio when used with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner Kit (sold separately, subscription required).
Video, Navigation and Phone Features
The 9-inch screens on the AVN systems are full WVGA high-resolution displays with crisp, detailed picture quality. The Independent Dual Zone feature lets drivers use a source in the dash while the back seat passengers enjoy a separate video on the rear seat screen (optional screen sold separately). The models also have an HDMI input to allow video playback from smartphones or other HDMI-equipped devices.
Navigation features include pre-loaded maps of the United States and Canada, 3D depiction of major landmarks, buildings and terrain details, and free lifetime traffic service. Bluetooth® wireless technology is built-in and includes secure simple pairing (SSP), call waiting, and icons for phone battery and cellular signal level.
Enhanced “My Favorites” Customizable Settings
Both AVN systems have the popular “My Favorites” feature, which lets users customize quick-access screens with up to 80 shortcuts to their most used features. Two separate users can each design up to 10 Favorites page profiles of eight shortcuts per page. Shortcuts can be created for audio sources, navigation commands and phone settings, and they are easily added through the touch of a button on the corresponding source page. If a front or rearview camera is installed in the vehicle, the camera images can be also manually selected on the My Favorites screen.
Pricing and Availability
The X009-GM has an SRI of $3,000. The X009U has an SRI of $2,700. Both models are available now at authorized Alpine retailers. Visit www.alpine-usa.com for a store locator.
PANDORA, the PANDORA logo, and the Pandora trade dress are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pandora Media, Inc., used with permission. Sirius, XM, SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries. “HD Radio” is a trademark of iBiquity Digital Corporation. iPod®, iPhone®, and Made for iPod® and iPhone® are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Alpine Electronics, Inc. is under license. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. iDatalink is a trademark of Automotive Data Solutions, Inc. GM and OnStar are registered trademarks of General Motors Corporation. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
About Alpine Electronics
Alpine Electronics is an automotive electronics manufacturer that provides consumers and leading auto makers with audio, video, navigation and driver assistance products. The company specializes in system integration solutions with innovative vehicle entertainment and information technologies.
Alpine’s R&D and manufacturing facilities in Japan, China, Europe and North America ensure that all products address the real world requirements of drivers in each market. The company is committed to developing safe, comfortable and eco-friendly automotive electronics products.
For more information about Alpine’s aftermarket products, visit www.alpine-usa.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict