|By Business Wire||
|July 2, 2014 02:03 PM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/74thw8/indoor_lbs_market) has announced the addition of the "Indoor LBS Market in the US 2014-2018 with Apple, Google, HERE, Micello, & Shopkick Dominating" report to their offering.
The Location-based Search and Advertising market in the US will grow at a CAGR of 44.87% to 2018
The number of venues covered by indoor LBS map providers is increasing at a rapid pace over the past few years. The segment is witnessing large competition in the US market. In addition, due to the presence of large players such as Google and HERE as well as innovative map platform providers, the market competition is intensifying. The major players in the US, Google, Point Inside, Micello, FastMall, and HERE, cumulatively covered more than 25,000 venues in the US. As the demand for indoor LBS is increasing, and more business organizations are adopting indoor LBS, the number of venues in the US is expected to increase to almost 200,000 by 2016. Thus, the increasing availability of indoor venue maps is an emerging trend that could fuel the growth of the market during the forecast period.
According to the report, one of the main drivers in this market is the increased use of indoor LBS by consumers. Most people in the US spend more than 80 percent of their daily time indoors. In addition, more than 85 percent of mobile data in the US is generated from indoor locations. Advancements in positioning technology and survey methodology have made it easy to determine the location of a smart device. In addition, personal communication devices such as smartphones and tablets enable the use of indoor positioning through local wireless networks. Hence, consumers have started using indoor LBS in shopping malls, multiplexes, universities, campuses, and airports.
Further, the report states that one of the major challenges in this market is the determination of the location in indoor environments. Indoors, the accuracy of the location of the user is expected to be very high. However, the operation of GPS technology is very limited in an indoor environment. In addition, because of challenges in the indoor environment, it is difficult to determine the location of the user using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology. This is because most indoor places are multi-floor and unevenly structured.
- Apple, Inc.
- Google, Inc.
- Micello, Inc.
- Shopkick, Inc.
The study was conducted using an objective combination of primary and secondary information including inputs from key participants in the industry. The report contains a comprehensive market and vendor landscape in addition to a SWOT analysis of the key vendors.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- List of Abbreviations
- Scope of the Report
- Market Research Methodology
- Market Landscape
- Market Segmentation by Application
- Buying Criteria
- Market Growth Drivers
- Drivers and their Impact
- Market Challenges
- Impact of Drivers and Challenges
- Market Trends
- Trends and their Impact
- Vendor Landscape
- Key Vendor Analysis
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/74thw8/indoor_lbs_market
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict