|By Business Wire||
|June 22, 2014 06:15 AM EDT||
Consumer Electronics Association (CEA):
CE Week is the consumer electronics (CE) industry’s annual mid-year, citywide event in New York City. The event brings together top media, industry analysts and technology thought leaders for innovative product debuts, a robust conference program and networking events all focused on innovative trends in consumer technology. CE Week Exhibits, the official CE Week headquarters, will feature hundreds of top brands, innovators and start-ups showcasing the latest technology products, plus a two-day series of free conferences on the most relevant technology trends.
|CE Week 2014, June 23-27|
|CE Week Exhibits and Conference Program, June 25-26|
|CE Week 2014 Headquarters|
|The Metropolitan Pavilion|
To register for CE Week 2014, visit CEWeekNY.com. Registration for media is free and press will have access to exclusive areas and events throughout the week.
CE Week Partner Conference Sessions:
- Connected Car Conference (C3): Produced by automotive tech expert, Doug Newcomb, the second annual C3 at CE Week will highlight game-changing market drivers from in-dash technology to advancements in self-driving innovation, as well as issues such as distracted driving. Scheduled June 24 at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
- Your Next TV: This half day conference will examine the future of UHD/4K and advances in content production, distribution communities and the evolution of technologies that are bringing the next generation of television to consumers. Scheduled 9 a.m. – noon, June 24 at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
- 2nd Screen Sports Summit: With sports content leading the charge in the 2nd Screen revolution, this dynamic conference program will discuss, debate and drive forward the momentum of the 2nd Screen market. Scheduled 1-5:30 p.m., June 24 at Midtown Loft and Terrace, 267 Fifth Avenue.
- Online Video Advertising Summit: The 4th annual VideoNuze Online Video Advertising Summit brings together 300-350 senior advertising, agency, content provider and technology executives. The program includes keynotes, panel discussions, research presentations, fireside chats and demos throughout the day. Scheduled June 25 at Midtown Loft and Terrace, 267 Fifth Avenue.
CE Week Conference Program:
- Free to all CE Week attendees and scheduled for June 25-26, the CE Week Conference Program brings together technology experts, analysts and industry visionaries to discuss the hottest trends in consumer technology including the Internet of Things, wearable technology, digital health, 3D printing and high resolution sound. All conference sessions will take place at the CE Week Studios in the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
CE Week Exhibits:
- FashionWare: Where fashion meets function, this showcase will highlight the latest trends in the high tech/high style industry from smart fabrics, AR glasses, wearable technology and beyond. Scheduled June 25-26 at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
- iLounge NYC: Featuring the latest innovations in the thriving Apple accessory industry, iLounge NYC will showcase the hottest products for the iPad®, iPhone® and iPod®. Scheduled June 25-26 at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
- Innovation Zone: Showcasing the next generation of technology, the Innovation Zone is where tech innovators, entrepreneurs and start-ups will debut their new products to key influencers, investors and press. Scheduled June 25-26 at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
CE Week Events:
- Women in CE Forum: This dynamic forum focuses on empowering women in the consumer technology industry. With the theme of The Power of Connectivity, the third annual Women in CE Forum will feature keynotes, sessions and workshops focused on professional empowerment. Scheduled June 24 at the Rubin Museum of Art.
- FashionWare Fashion Show: Kicking off the opening night of CE Week Exhibits, this fashion show will feature the hottest trends in wearable technology. Scheduled June 25 at the Metropolitan Pavilion.
- Battle of the Bands: Attendees will have ringside seats as the top fitness bands compete in this high energy, heart-pumping session. Each band will have four minutes to tell its story as the audience votes on the best of show. Scheduled 12:30-1:30 p.m., June 25 at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
CE Week TV:
- New for the 2014 event is CE Week TV, which will be broadcast from the main exhibit hall and the CE Week Studios. All CE Week Conference Programs and press conferences will be live-streamed through CE Week TV for tech enthusiasts worldwide.
About CE Week:
CE Week is the consumer electronics (CE) industry’s official weeklong, citywide event in New York City. The official mid-year meeting, conference and new technology showcase includes the event headquarters, CE Week Exhibits, which is the site of CE Week’s largest exhibition hall and conference program. CE Week is organized in association with the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® by Martin Porter & Associates and Consumer Technology Publishing Group/NAPCO, publisher of Dealerscope, Technology Integrator and the Technology Tell Network.
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 23, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 998
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at Dell EMC, introduced a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organization...
Jan. 23, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 3,372
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 23, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 4,998
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Jan. 23, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 6,636
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Jan. 23, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 2,758
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Jan. 23, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 5,882
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 22, 2017 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,030
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 22, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 3,870
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 22, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,693
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 22, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 3,763
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,299
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,834
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 22, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,236
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 22, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 4,396
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 22, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,696
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 22, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,977
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Jan. 22, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 3,751
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 22, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 4,779
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 22, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 3,033
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 22, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 993