|By Marketwired .||
|June 5, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/05/14 -- VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, today announced Synergent is virtualizing its network with VMware NSX. Synergent will take advantage of the NSX platform's unique policy-based distributed firewalling and L3 routing to enable multi-tenancy for the financial services applications Synergent hosts for its credit union customers.
Synergent, an IT services bureau for the credit union industry, has customers ranging from small credit unions to some of the largest credit unions in the United States. Synergent needed to address several cloud networking and security challenges immediately, and could not wait for immature, proprietary hardware-defined solutions to address their challenges. One hurdle Synergent is experiencing is that many core applications are based on legacy technology, and are not inherently multi-tenant -- in other words, not designed for modern cloud infrastructure. VMware NSX will enable Synergent to deploy applications for multiple customers without requiring additional physical infrastructure at a customer site, now or in the future. The VMware NSX network virtualization platform will make remote provisioning, management, orchestration and control of these applications possible.
"Given our work in the financial sector, security is very important to us, and the ability to do micro-segmentation was a key to our selection of VMware NSX," said Trever Jackson, Enterprise Infrastructure Architect at Synergent. "We explored doing this at the hardware level, but quickly realized it was not feasible. The proven success of the NSX platform, and the integration of other industry leaders such as Arista Networks, and Palo Alto Networks, helped solidify our decision. NSX will help us maintain our competitive advantage in terms of security and agility -- specifically moving applications around within our cloud safely and reliably. NSX will transform what's possible for our IT team in terms of network and security operations."
VMware NSX - The Platform for Network Virtualization
VMware NSX is software that virtualizes the network to deliver the entire networking and security model from L2-L7 in software. The platform decouples the network from the underlying hardware, yet takes advantage of the existing network infrastructure without changes to enable new levels of service delivery speed, agility and cost reductions. VMware NSX delivers a completely new operational model for networking that breaks through current network barriers and enables data center operators to achieve better agility and improved economics.
"Organizations such as Synergent are adopting the software-defined data center, using network virtualization as a core underpinning, as the proven model for running highly agile, secure, and scalable data centers," said Chris King, vice president of product marketing, networking and security business unit at VMware. "Synergent is another case where network virtualization can be implemented today using existing hardware, and supports both existing and future applications. VMware NSX is in the unique position of helping customers improve both agility and security."
- For more on network micro-segmentation, read this blog
- Follow #VirtualizeYourNetwork to learn from industry experts about network virtualization
- Read more about the hidden value of network security in the VMware NSX platform
- Subscribe to VMware's Network Virtualization and Company blogs
- Keep up with VMware NSX on Facebook, Google+, Twitter and YouTube
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware and VMware NSX are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict