|By Business Wire||
|June 4, 2014 10:00 PM EDT||
COMPUTEX TAIPEI – Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced a new M.2 2280 SATA SSD. Shipping next week, the new 22mm x 80mm dimension provides a thin, caseless and compact form factor ideal for new notebook platforms such as Ultrabooks™, smaller design embedded systems, ultra-thin computing devices and motherboards that support the recently released Intel® Z97 chipset.
M.2 2280 SATA SSD features advanced garbage collection, wear leveling and TRIM support to keep drive performance consistent over the life of the drive. SATA DevSleep™ allows efficient power management and minimal power consumption while also allowing devices to stay on and connected without necessarily reducing battery life. M.2 2280 SSD also features firmware-based power-loss protection to maintain data integrity in case of unexpected power loss or unsafe shutdown.
“We are proud to release the new M.2 form factor to the channel for both consumer and corporate customers upgrading their systems, as well as the system builder community when designing new embedded applications,” said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston®. “This is an exciting follow-up to our previously released OEM-only M.2 2260 SATA SSD used in certain models of the ASUS Zenbook™.”
M.2 2280 SATA SSD ships initially in the 120GB capacity with 240GB and 480GB to follow in Q3. It is backed by a three-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
For more information please visit www.kingston.com.
M.2 2280 SATA SSD Features & Specifications:
- Popular M.2 Size: 22mm width, 80mm length
- NAND Flash memory-based: shock-resistant with lower power consumption
- Supports Intel's SRT: combines capacity advantage of HDD with performance improvements of SSD in dual-storage configuration
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.: monitors the status of your drive
- Supports TRIM: maintains maximum performance of compatible operating systems
- Guaranteed: 3-year warranty and free technical support
- Form factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0
- Capacities1: 120GB
- Compressible Data Transfer (ATTO): 550MB/s Read and 520MB/s Write
- Incompressible Data Transfer (AS-SSD and CrystalDiskMark): 500MB/s Read and 330MB/s Write
IOMETER: Maximum Random 4k Read/Write up to 66,000/ up to
Random 4k Read/Write up to 46,000/ up to 4,500 IOPS
- PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score: 56,000
- PCMARK® 8 Storage Bandwidth: 215 MB/s
- Power consumption: 0.09 W Idle / 1.11 W Avg / 1.02W (MAX) Read / 2.86 W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 80mm x 22mm x 3.5mm
- Weight: 7.36g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: 3-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)3: 230TB x 1.8 DWPD4
This SSD is designed for use in desktop and notebook computer workloads, and is not intended for Server environments.
|1 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.|
2 Based on “out-of-box performance” using a SATA Rev. 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage. IOMETER Random 4k Random Read/Write is based on 8GB partition.
|3 Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Workload (JESD219A)|
|4 Drives Writes Per Day (DWPD).|
|Kingston SSDNow M.2 2280 SATA Solid-State Drive|
|Part Number||Capacity and Features|
|SM2280S3/120G||120GB Stand-alone M.2 SSD|
|SM2280S3/240G||240GB Stand-alone M.2 SSD (coming soon)|
|SM2280S3/480G||480GB Stand-alone M.2 SSD (coming soon)|
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.
Editor’s Note: For additional information, evaluation units or executive interviews, please contact David Leong, Kingston Digital, Inc. 17600 Newhope Street, Fountain Valley, CA USA 92708, 714-438-1817 (Voice). Press images can be found in Kingston’s press room at kingston.com/press/default.asp
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict