|By Business Wire||
|June 4, 2014 02:49 PM EDT||
Creating a smarter and more connected home has never been easier. Today, Lutron Electronics, the leading manufacturer of energy-saving, wireless lighting and motorized shades, announced the introduction of the Lutron Smart Bridge and the Lutron app — its smart, connected home mobile solution for the do-it-yourself or do-it-for-me consumer.
Lutron Smart Bridge and App Provides Affordable Mobile Solution for Consumers (Photo: Business Wire)
This unique product is a wireless bridge and software application that connects Lutron’s Caséta® Wireless dimmers, Pico® remote controls, Serena™ remote-controlled shades, and other third-party devices, while providing convenient home control from any iOS or Android-based smart phone or tablet. The Caséta Wireless system gives consumers the ability to control lights and shades inside or outside the home — either from a remote control or the Lutron app.
“This new solution gives consumers the opportunity to transform their homes quickly, easily and affordably into a smart and connected one,” said Matt Swatsky, Caséta Wireless product manager at Lutron. “With the Lutron Smart Bridge and app, we are not just giving them the ability to control their lights and shades, but rather, a reliable, energy saving, long-term investment that also provides peace of mind.”
How it Works
The Lutron Smart Bridge, which uses Lutron’s proprietary ClearConnect® Wireless technology, plugs easily and directly into a home’s Wi-Fi router. Installed and set up in less than 30 minutes, the product sends wireless, radio frequency (RF) communication signals to compatible Lutron devices inside the home.
Lutron Smart Bridge-Compatible Products
- Caséta Wireless in-wall dimmers control overhead lights and work with the newest energy-saving bulbs, including dimmable LEDs, dimmable CFLs, halogens, and incandescents. They do not require a neutral wire, so they easily replace any existing light switch.
- Caséta Wireless lamp dimmers plug into a standard wall receptacle and provide control of table and floor lamps that use the newest energy-saving bulbs, including dimmable LEDs, dimmable CFLs, halogens, and incandescents. They are designed to control two lamps simultaneously with dual plug-in receptacles.
- The Pico battery-powered remote control features a 10-year battery life, works with Caséta Wireless dimmers and Serena shades. It can be used as a hand-held remote, surface mounted to the wall or to a car visor, or placed on a tabletop pedestal.
- Serena battery-powered, remote controlled shades are available in two styles — honeycomb and roller shades — and run on D-size batteries. The average life span of the batteries is 3 – 5 years (based on two “ups” and two “downs” per day).
- The Lutron app has a simple user interface to provide consumers with a one-touch solution. They can adjust and check-in on their lights, shades, and temperature from the office, the beach, or anywhere in the world. They can also set up preset scenes for the perfect lighting for their home theatre, dining room, or bedroom.
- With an integrated timeclock, the Smart Bridge allows consumers to schedule lights and shades to adjust automatically by time of day. They can close their shades 20 minutes before sunset every day, or turn on the front porch light on at dusk and off at midnight every evening.
- The Lutron app is also compatible with Honeywell® Wi-Fi thermostats (available summer 2014). Consumers can conveniently raise the temperature a few degrees before they arrive home, adjust it to just the right level while they’re watching TV, or set it back when they’re away. They can also adjust the system mode (heating, cooling, auto, fan on/off) all from within the Lutron app.
- The telligent™ LED bulb by GE® is embedded with Lutron’s ClearConnect Wireless technology and controlled by a Pico wireless remote. The bulb will be available late 2014.
Do-it-yourselfers can purchase the Smart Bridge ($150 suggested list price) starting September 1 on SerenaShades.com. For homeowners seeking professional installation, the Lutron Smart Bridge Pro will be available from local electricians, residential system providers, security professionals and lighting showrooms starting June 30. The Lutron Caséta Wireless package, featuring a Pico remote control with a dimmer (either wall or lamp), has a suggested list price of $80 and is available now.
The free Lutron app will be available on the App Store and Google Play™ on June 30.
About Lutron Electronics (www.lutron.com)
Founded in 1961, Lutron Electronics is headquartered in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, in the heart of the Lehigh Valley. From dimmers for the home, to lighting management systems for entire buildings, the company offers more than 17,000 energy-saving products, sold in more than 100 countries around the world. In the US alone, Lutron products save an estimated 10 billion kWh of electricity, or approximately $1 billion in utility costs per year. The company’s early inventions— including the first solid-state dimmer invented by Lutron’s founder, Joel Spira—are now at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History in Washington, DC.
- telligent™ is a trademark of General Electric Company
- Honeywell® is a registered trademark of Honeywell International, Inc.
- Google Play™ is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
May. 31, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,032
May. 31, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,179
May. 31, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,340
May. 31, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,369
May. 31, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,577
May. 31, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,067
May. 31, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,111
May. 31, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,530
May. 31, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,432
May. 31, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,566
May. 31, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,460
May. 30, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,477
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, will discuss the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to fo...
May. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,646
May. 30, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,108
SYS-CON Events announced today the How to Create Angular 2 Clients for the Cloud Workshop, being held June 7, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified. Now it’s a component-based well-performing framework. The immersive one-day workshop led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and...
May. 30, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,133
What a difference a year makes. Organizations aren’t just talking about IoT possibilities, it is now baked into their core business strategy. With IoT, billions of devices generating data from different companies on different networks around the globe need to interact. From efficiency to better customer insights to completely new business models, IoT will turn traditional business models upside down. In the new customer-centric age, the key to success is delivering critical services and apps wit...
May. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,369
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
May. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,601
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, will provide an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life ...
May. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,094
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC Software has been named "Siver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. BMC is a global leader in innovative software solutions that help businesses transform into digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive advantage. BMC Digital Enterprise Management is a set of innovative IT solutions designed to make digital business fast, seamless, and optimized from mainframe to mo...
May. 30, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,410
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex software systems for startups and enterprises. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobile software company with over 200 develope...
May. 30, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,886