|By Marketwired .||
|June 4, 2014 09:30 AM EDT||
LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/04/14 -- Rocap Inc. (OTCQB: ROCP) announced today that the company will acquire Spiral Toys, Inc. which develops connected entertainment platforms for mobile smart devices.
Spiral has developed a revolutionary, low-cost platform that connects physical toys and merchandise to mobile smart devices. Spiral's first products will launch this month and utilizes their groundbreaking ToyCloud platform. By developing digital platforms and hardware that connect physical toys and devices to the interactive digital world, Spiral Toys creates new play experiences for consumers of all ages.
Spiral's revolutionary technology will open up new opportunities in several multi-billion dollar industries by giving both kids, tweens, and parents an entirely new way to play and interact.
Additionally, their new line of ToyCloud enabled products connects physical toys to Apple and Android devices through Spiral's proprietary Bluetooth Smart technology and cloud-based services. By using ToyCloud, kids and parents are able to send and receive messages, play collaborative games, and read interactive stories by merging traditional behaviors with new play patterns.
Spiral Toys was incorporated in 2011 in Los Angeles, California and has developed, tested and launched their product's capabilities worldwide. Spiral has focused on entertaining the younger generation of consumers on mobile smart devices and connected technologies creating a unique market position as a major entertainment provider across an array of experiences.
Spiral's first product line launches in June 2014 in anticipation of 2014 holiday season. The first initial orders will be released in two test markets, the United Kingdom and Australia with anticipated projections of shipping 60,000 units of its first product, a teddy bear enabled with Spiral technology, with a retail price of between $29.95 and $39.95. As a licensee of the technology, Spiral will be paid royalty payments. In addition, Spiral is developing digital content available for purchase on the Apple APP store and Google Marketplace.
Spiral is the brainchild of Mark Meyers, former VP of Product Development at Disney Interactive Studios. Drawing on his seventeen years of experience in the video game and mobile industries, Mr. Meyers understands what it takes to develop some of the world's best tween and kid video game entertainment.
"Spiral is at an inflection point as we move from development into world-wide distribution of our products and technology," says Mark Meyers, Founder and CEO. "This timely merger with Rocap Marketing will enable us to pursue strategic partnerships and introduce new products leveraging our NFC, Bluetooth and WiFi connected technology platforms."
Spiral has partnered with Dragon-I toys offering manufacturing, sales, and distribution. Headquartered in Hong Kong, Dragon-I has sales offices worldwide and has over 300 retail and distribution relationships in every major territory.
"Spiral's ToyCloud technology was a perfect fit for our toy line," says Dave Cave, CEO of Dragon-I Toys. "Spiral's products sit right at the juncture of physical toys and the virtual world, and represent the future by leveraging play-patterns of kids and tweens today."
Spiral is also in an agreement to distribute through a direct response channel in the US under the name CloudPets. The CloudPets test will be run on a nationwide campaign in June 2014.
Current CEO of Rocap Marketing, Gordon McDougall, had this to say about Spiral Toy's current market position, "The fact that Mark and his team have already funded so much of the R&D significantly reduces the risk commonly associated with ventures such as this one. And with a suite of marketable products and technologies Spiral is at an emerging stage, with both strategic marketing and sales channels in place. I'm proud to have such a highly experienced executive as CEO."
At closing, expected to occur by June 30th, 2014, Spiral Toys founder Mark Meyers will be named CEO of Rocap Marketing. Rocap will then issue 18,130,667 common shares to Mr. Meyers and his other shareholders in Spiral. Closing is contingent on a capital raise.
For more information about Rocap Marketing Inc., please contact Gordon McDougall.
Phone: (213) 400-0770
Email: [email protected]
Forward Looking Statements
This news release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and Canadian securities laws, including statements relating to expectations for the acquisition of Spiral Toys and its performance thereafter; The terms and phrases "expects", "would", "will", "believes", and similar terms and phrases are intended to identify these forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on estimates and assumptions made by Rocap Marketing Inc. in light of its experience and its perception of current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors that Rocap Marketing Inc. believes are appropriate in the circumstances. Many factors could cause Rocap Marketing Inc.'s actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. These risk factors and others relating to Rocap Marketing Inc. that may cause actual results to differ are set forth in Rocap Marketing Inc.'s periodic filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (copies of which filings may be obtained at www.sec.gov). These factors should be considered carefully, and readers should not place undue reliance on Rocap Marketing Inc.'s forward-looking statements. Rocap Marketing Inc. has no intention and undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
Rocap Marketing Inc.
Phone: (213) 400-0770
Email: [email protected]
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict