|By Business Wire||
|June 2, 2014 07:12 AM EDT||
Box today announced that Hamburg Airport Group – operator of one of Germany’s largest commercial airports – Hamburg Airport, is bringing Box’s cloud content collaboration platform to employees across the entire company. Hamburg Airport chose Box to empower employees to easily share documents from mobile devices and to meet IT requirements for content management and security.
“Our workforce has become increasingly mobile, we now need to provide access to content across multiple devices and ensure employees have the right collaborative tools to do their job,” said Danny Heyn, Project Manager IT at Hamburg Airport’s IT service provider, AIRSYS GmbH. “Our move to Box has introduced simplicity to mobile file sharing and management processes, it also helps our employees to work more creatively and efficiently.”
“Box improves the way people work by making it possible to securely share and manage information,” said David Quantrell, Box general manager of EMEA. “Airports across Europe are looking for ways to strengthen their mobile workforce, and we’re excited to help the Hamburg Airport Group become more productive across all their devices.”
Hamburg Airport has divided the airport’s core business into four main divisions: Aviation, Ground Handling, Center Management and Real Estate Management. These corporate divisions sit above the airport’s Business Divisions and provide planning, consulting and supervisory functions. Several subsidiaries assist Hamburg Airport by providing a specialized array of services. The company selected Box to:
- Empower a mobile workforce through content access on multiple devices
- Make it easy for airport employees to collaborate across all business units and with external parties
- Provide IT with the control and administrative capabilities required to govern and protect sensitive content
Box makes it easy for more than 25 million individuals at 225,000 businesses around the world to share and collaborate across devices, while also providing IT departments with unparalleled insight and control. With today’s announcement, Hamburg Airport Group joins global leaders such as Procter & Gamble, Schneider Electric and Pearson, as well as a growing number of international airports including Heathrow Airport and Gatwick Airport, moving to Box to power better ways of working.
Box’s mission is to make businesses of all sizes more productive, competitive, and collaborative by connecting people and their most important information. Content on Box can be securely shared and easily accessed on the web, through iOS, Android and Windows Phone applications, and extended to partner applications, such as Google Apps, NetSuite and Salesforce. Headquartered in Los Altos, CA, Box is privately held and backed by several leading venture capital firms and strategic investors. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict