|By Marketwired .||
|May 28, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - May 28, 2014) -
Real Intent, known for having the fastest, highest-capacity verification tools for static functional analysis including Lint, and for advanced RTL sign-off of designs with multiple clock domains (CDC)
Is bringing lots of valuable information and fun to the Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2014 in San Francisco June 2-4, 2014, at Booth #1825:
Technical presentations about its new product releases proven on 500M+ gate SoC designs.
- New Ascent Lint 2014 with blazing speed for debugging - The industry's fastest linter for cleaning RTL now has 46+ new comprehensive rules; it analyzes 500M gates in less than one hour with no need for hierarchical processing, and features debugging with the Emacs editor, hierarchical waiver management, SystemVerilog 2009 support, and new integration with MATLAB® from Mathworks.
- Meridian Clock Domain Crossing with advanced flows and debug features - It offers market-leading speed, capacity and low-noise analysis of asynchronous clock domains in SoC designs, and improves the memory footprint and runtime performance by almost one-third.
- Ascent XV comprehensive static solution for the latest in X-propagation verification, reporting and debug - Its unique ability to seamlessly integrate techniques of simulation, static analysis and formal analysis into a unified flow maximizes coverage and minimizes user burden to achieve X safety. It ensures that simulation performance and accuracy are not impacted by X-effects; it precisely identifies all X-sources and X-sensitive nets, and ranks which nets to analyze first; it identifies uninitialized flops and suggests a minimal number of hardware resets for complete initialization with minimal RTL changes; and it provides initialization and optimization capability for power-managed blocks to ensure that the combination of resets and retention flops establish a known state.
- Ascent IIV: Automatic detection of functional bugs without a test bench - Leveraging formal techniques for functional verification, it uses the implied RTL intent to formulate checks automatically, find elusive bugs in RTL blocks and pinpoint the root cause of the problem. Its smart reporting prioritizes debug effort by marking up to 90-percent of the failures as secondary or duplicate, reducing the time spent on analysis. The new 2014 release minimizes debug time with enhanced root cause analysis, smarter reporting and new FSM checks -- shrinking the debug signoff burden to almost nothing for a very large amount of checks.
Other technical presentations
- How to accelerate RTL sign-off of SoC designs with a best-in-class solution - It covers a full suite of static verification concerns including syntax and semantic checking (lint); constraints planning and management; reset analysis and optimization; automatic intent verification; CDC sign-off; DFT analysis and insertion; and X-analysis and optimism/pessimism correction.
- Joint Meridian CDC and Defacto STAR DFT Flow - First-time showing of a combined RTL sign-off flow for both CDC and DFT that accelerates the sign-off process. The new flow integrates Defacto's STAR DFT evaluation and enhancement platform, and Real Intent's Meridian CDC to offer a best-in-class solution for SoC design teams worldwide.
- Pavilion panel organizer: "The Asymptote of Verification" - Bryon Moyer, editor of EE Journal will moderate the discussion as panelists from Cavium, Infineon Technologies AG and NVIDIA talk about bringing a higher level of automation, predictability, and ROI to system-on-chip (SoC) functional verification, based on their real experiences with formal verification, static RTL analysis and graph-based verification technologies.
- Passport Partner program - Visit Real Intent industry partners Calypto, Defacto and MathWorks that share joint flows with Real Intent, and enter to win several $100 gift cards or a 10-inch Android tablet.
- Verification survey at the booth - Enter drawings for a Pebble Smartwatch, Google Chromecast, or Golden State Warriors tickets.
- Video game - To celebrate the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, come and play as the captain of your country's team.
- Free photo booth - Get an entertaining take-away for you and your colleagues.
- Roses give-away - Come and receive yours as a sweet thank-you gift for our visitors.
Click here to see a very informative five-minute video by Real Intent President & CEO Prakash Narain. In it he references Real Intent's mission to make RTL signoff more efficient and previews four products it will highlight at DAC 2014 that advance the state of the art.
The Design Automation Conference (DAC) is recognized as the premier conference for design and automation of electronic systems. System designers and architects, logic and circuit designers, validation engineers, CAD managers, senior managers and executives, and researchers and academicians from leading universities represent the diverse worldwide community of more than 1,000 organizations that attend DAC each year. DAC offers outstanding training, education, exhibits and superb networking opportunities for designers, researchers, tool developers and vendors.
When / Where
Mon. - Wed., June 2-4, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m., Booth #1825
Mon. - Wed., June 2-4, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Booth #1825
Mon., June 2, 5:15 - 6 p.m., Booth #313
At the Moscone Center
747 Howard St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
About Real Intent
Companies worldwide rely on Real Intent's EDA software to accelerate early functional verification and advanced sign-off of electronic designs. Real Intent's comprehensive CDC verification, advanced RTL analysis and sign-off solutions eliminate complex failure modes of SoCs, and lead the market in performance, capacity, accuracy and completeness. Please visit www.realintent.com for more information.
CDC: Clock Domain Crossing
EDA: Electronic Design Automation
RTL: Register Transfer Level
Real Intent and the Real Intent logo are registered trademarks, and Meridian and Ascent are trademarks of Real Intent, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
Embedded Video Available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ-M4uDpkB8
Sarah Miller for Real Intent
ThinkBold Corporate Communications
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect at Hookflash, will walk through the shifting landscape of traditional telephone and voice services ...
Nov. 24, 2014 05:00 PM EST Reads: 663
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems at Red Hat, described how to revolutioniz...
Nov. 24, 2014 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,455
Bit6 today issued a challenge to the technology community implementing Web Real Time Communication (WebRTC). To leap beyond WebRTC’s significant limitations and fully leverage its underlying value to accelerate innovation, application developers need to consider the entire communications ecosystem.
Nov. 24, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,354
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from hardware to software, or as we like to say, it’s an Internet of many different things. The difference ...
Nov. 24, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,468
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world.
Nov. 24, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,507
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Nov. 23, 2014 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,722
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 23, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,654
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Nov. 23, 2014 07:45 AM EST Reads: 1,623
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and assessments, including a decade of leading incident response and digital forensics. He is co-author of t...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,364
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,486
Technology is enabling a new approach to collecting and using data. This approach, commonly referred to as the "Internet of Things" (IoT), enables businesses to use real-time data from all sorts of things including machines, devices and sensors to make better decisions, improve customer service, and lower the risk in the creation of new revenue opportunities. In his General Session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Dave Wagstaff, Vice President and Chief Architect at BSQUARE Corporation, discuss the real benefits to focus on, how to understand the requirements of a successful solution, the flow of ...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,474
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,421
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 21, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,335
Focused on this fast-growing market’s needs, Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (Nasdaq: VTSS), a leading provider of IC solutions to advance "Ethernet Everywhere" in Carrier, Enterprise and Internet of Things (IoT) networks, introduced its IStaX™ software (VSC6815SDK), a robust protocol stack to simplify deployment and management of Industrial-IoT network applications such as Industrial Ethernet switching, surveillance, video distribution, LCD signage, intelligent sensors, and metering equipment. Leveraging technologies proven in the Carrier and Enterprise markets, IStaX is designed to work ac...
Nov. 20, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,402
C-Labs LLC, a leading provider of remote and mobile access for the Internet of Things (IoT), announced the appointment of John Traynor to the position of chief operating officer. Previously a strategic advisor to the firm, Mr. Traynor will now oversee sales, marketing, finance, and operations. Mr. Traynor is based out of the C-Labs office in Redmond, Washington. He reports to Chris Muench, Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Traynor brings valuable business leadership and technology industry expertise to C-Labs. With over 30 years' experience in the high-tech sector, John Traynor has held numerous...
Nov. 20, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,357
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades.
Nov. 20, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,605
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Nov. 20, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,813
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Nov. 18, 2014 09:00 PM EST Reads: 2,032
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Nov. 18, 2014 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,593
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. He also discussed how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics discussed were barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what the future may hold. Mike Kavis is Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Pa...
Nov. 18, 2014 01:30 PM EST Reads: 2,020