|By RealWire News Distribution||
|May 15, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
CloudSigma's Flexible Pricing, Green Hosting Initiatives and High-Availability Proves Ideal for Workshare's Application Testing and Development
Palo Alto, Calif - May 15, 2014 - CloudSigma, a public cloud IaaS provider with advanced hybrid hosting solutions, today announced that Workshare, a provider of secure enterprise collaboration applications, has chosen CloudSigma's platform to host its application testing and development environment. By leveraging CloudSigma's highly available and energy-efficient public cloud environment, scalable resources, and flexible pricing for application testing, Workshare can benchmark the customer experience for new services or features before they're officially rolled out to customers, in the most sustainable way possible.
To ensure innovation is a core part of Workshare's product development, the company needed a cloud provider with a scalable, elastic environment like CloudSigma's. With this, new applications and functionality can be quickly developed and brought to market, ensuring Workshare is constantly meeting customers' changing business collaboration needs. Additionally, with the ability to reserve fixed capacity and burst as needed, CloudSigma allows Workshare to test the performance of its applications in the most scalable, cost effective way possible without risking costly Virtual Machine overprovisioning from pre-defined bundles, as required by some other providers.
"CloudSigma is highly elastic, allowing us to easily scale up and down as needed so we can provision the exact capacity required of our testing environment," commented Ali Moinuddin, CMO, Workshare. "CloudSigma enables us to process data quickly, while saving money on resources we aren't using."
Workshare is leveraging CloudSigma's state-of-the-art infrastructure for testing and development, combined with its resource provisioning on a pay-as-you-go basis. As a result of these continued cost savings, Workshare has migrated some of its own internal IT systems into CloudSigma's environment, reaping the benefits of its well-balanced price/performance and efficient resource utilization.
"The bottom line is that Workshare's infrastructure and services have to be available 24x7 and regular testing and development is what guarantees this," said Robert Jenkins, CEO, CloudSigma. "We are able to provide an unmatched level of service, along with a neutral platform that is very open, allowing Workshare to test their software stack unmodified within our cloud. As a result, Workshare can continue to deliver its enterprise customers with secure collaboration options that meet their stringent business regulations."
CloudSigma's Swiss data center location with Equinix relies on clean power, as more than 90 percent of the Swiss electricity grid's generation capacity depends upon renewable energy. Equinix's efficient delivery of power from the grid to the rack minimizes loss and overhead, and meets CloudSigma's track record of using data center facilities that show consistent performance improvements in Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE). This allows customers like Workshare to minimize the carbon footprint associated with the provisioning of IT infrastructure and services.
Workshare is a leading provider of secure enterprise file sharing and collaboration applications. Workshare allows individuals to easily create, share, and manage high-value content anywhere, on any device. Workshare enhances the efficiency of the collaborative process by enabling content owners to accurately track and compare changes from contributors simultaneously. Workshare also reduces the commercial risk posed by inadvertently sharing confidential or sensitive documents. More than 1.8 million professionals in 70 countries use Workshare's award-winning desktop, mobile, tablet, and online applications. For more information visit www.workshare.com or follow Workshare on twitter at www.twitter.com/workshare.
CloudSigma is a pure-cloud infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) provider that's enabling the digital industrial economy through its highly-available, flexible, enterprise-class hybrid cloud servers and cloud hosting solutions, both in Europe and the U.S. CloudSigma is the most customizable cloud provider on the market, giving customers full control over their cloud and eliminating restrictions on how users deploy their computing resources. With CloudSigma, customers can provision processing, storage, networks and other fundamental computing resources as they please, as well as extend private networks out of existing infrastructure and elastically into CloudSigma's IaaS cloud to create easy to manage and transparent hybrid cloud solutions. For more information, please visit www.CloudSigma.com or find the company on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
Meredith L. Eaton
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict