|By Marketwired .||
|May 12, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 05/12/14 -- DE-CIX North America, the U.S. arm of the German Internet exchange operator, announces today that Akamai is the first customer turned up on its Internet exchange, DE-CIX New York. Akamai is a global cloud services provider that delivers data packets around the world -- rapidly and securely -- to accelerate the online experience.
Service turn-up for Akamai took place on May 9, delivering the very first packets across DE-CIX New York. Akamai is connecting into DE-CIX's Internet exchange in New York at its 111 8th Ave access site in New York City. Akamai's connection to DE-CIX New York follows a long-term partnership; Akamai is also using DE-CIX's services in Europe and the Middle East.
"Our company was founded in 1998 to solve the problem of the 'World Wide Wait,'" says Steven J. Schecter, Senior Manager, Network Architecture for Akamai. "Akamai's Intelligent Platform is a leading cloud platform for delivering high-performing user experiences to any device, anywhere. It reaches globally and delivers locally. Having this new Internet exchange in New York will enable us to connect with other peering partners across a resilient Ethernet platform. DE-CIX is helping us to make good on our customer promise to deliver Internet content intelligently."
"DE-CIX New York develops a peering ecosystem that delivers the capacity all types of Internet service providers need to cope with the growing volumes of global data," explains Frank Orlowski, Chief Marketing Officer for DE-CIX. "The true value of an Internet exchange is the number of other participants any one player can connect to across the platform. We are quickly growing DE-CIX New York to be one of the five largest Internet exchanges in the world by 2020, and having well-respected companies like Akamai join us makes the New York metro a better place for ISPs and carriers."
DE-CIX New York addresses the currently fractured peering landscape in New York and enables less expensive and more efficient interconnection in one of the world's most strategic global cities. The exchange now boasts 111 access points in seven facilities across the NY/NJ region -- more than any other Internet exchange in North America. Ninety-nine of the 111 access points at DE-CIX New York are already 100 GE-ready, and the remaining points will be upgraded to 100 GE in the near future to accommodate the growing need for bandwidth.
For more information on DE-CIX New York, please visit http://nyc.de-cix.net.
About DE-CIX North America Inc.
DE-CIX North America Inc. is a fully owned subsidiary of DE-CIX International AG, the international unit within the DE-CIX group. Founded in 1995, DE-CIX in Frankfurt/Germany is the leading operator of Ethernet-based carrier and ISP interconnection (Peering) worldwide. DE-CIX facilitates the exchange of IP traffic between networks through a distributed, failsafe and scalable infrastructure in various metro markets across Germany, Middle East and North America. This includes broadband networks, hosting providers, content providers and cloud computing players. More than 500 ISPs from over 50 countries use DE-CIX to handle a large fraction of their Internet traffic and make DE-CIX the world's largest interconnection facility that supports peering. DE-CIX's customer base includes the world's leading players, such as 1&1, Akamai, China Telecom, Facebook, Google and Telefonica.
For DE-CIX media inquiries, please contact:
Jaymie Scotto & Associates
+1 (201) 839-0177 x19
DE-CIX North America Inc.
590 Madison Avenue, 21st Floor
New York, NY 10022
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict