|By Marketwired .||
|May 12, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/12/14 -- Telenav (NASDAQ: TNAV), the leader in personalized navigation, announced today that Vince Nakayama has joined as senior vice president of engineering to lead the company's engineering organization, which includes teams developing products and services for Scout for Phones and Scout for Cars. Nakayama has thirty years of experience developing consumer products, technology platforms, software, and services. He has held executive and leadership positions at Jawbone, Amazon Lab126, and Apple.
"We're excited about the convergence of mobile devices, connected cars, social, and location. Telenav is at the forefront of these technologies and we continue to attract top Silicon Valley talent who are passionate about leveraging these assets to create the most innovative and delightful products that help people on the go," said HP Jin, chairman and CEO of Telenav. "Vince's experience leading global products and teams at highly-successful companies, like Apple and Amazon, will help us build, strengthen, and enable our teams to deliver the best products in the market faster than before."
Nakayama joins Telenav from Jawbone, where he served as vice president of audio product development. Prior to Jawbone, Nakayama was at Amazon Lab126, where, as vice president of product development and user experience, he led the design and development of the highly-anticipated release of Fire TV. Nakayama also spent five years at Apple as senior director of engineering for QuickTime Engineering, where he was responsible for the QuickTime digital media platform and led the design and development of a new media platform for the iPhone and Apple TV.
"The team at Telenav is passionate about building great products that truly meet the needs of people on the go," said Nakayama. "I'm very excited to join such a dynamic team of smart and talented individuals and to help the company develop unique and innovative products and services around the world."
About Telenav, Inc.
Telenav's mission is to help reduce stress, improve productivity, and make life more fun for people on the go. Our personalized navigation services help people make smarter decisions about where to go, what to do, when to leave, and how to get there.
Our products are available worldwide through wireless carriers, automobile manufacturers, advertisers and advertising agencies, and app developers, including AT&T, Bell Mobility, Boost Mobile, Ford, NII Holdings, QNX Software Systems, Rogers, Sprint, Telcel, T-Mobile U.S., U.S. Cellular, and Vivo Brazil. You can also find us in mobile app stores (Apple App Store, Google Play, and Windows Phone Marketplace), connected cars, and on the web at www.telenav.com, www.scout.me/app, and www.thinknear.com.
Copyright 2014 Telenav, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
"Telenav," "Scout," the Telenav and Scout logos, "telenav.com" and "scout.me" are registered and unregistered trademarks and/or service marks of Telenav, Inc. Unless otherwise noted, all other trademarks, service marks, and logos used in this press release are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict