|By ACN Newswire||
|May 9, 2014 07:32 AM EDT||
Record 240 Exhibitors Take Part in Three-Day Fair
|Hong Kong, May 9 - The fifth edition of the HKTDC Hong Kong International Medical Devices and Supplies Fair ended today. The three-day fair welcomed 240 exhibitors from all over the world, a new show exhibitor record.|
This year's fair showcased the offerings of 240 exhibitors from 14 countries and regions, up nine per cent over last year, and a new exhibitor record for the show.
"The advancement in medical technology and techniques, as well as the world's aging population, is driving demand for medical devices and supplies," said HKTDC Deputy Executive Director Benjamin Chau, who noted that the Rehabilitation and Elderly Care Products zone was among the fair highlights. The HKTDC, he added, organised 36 buying missions from 24 countries and regions, welcoming over 1,200 buying mission members to Hong Kong.
Strong Buyer Traffic
Hong Kong exhibitor Joe Tam, Providence Enterprise's Senior Operation Manager, R&D (Electronics) Department, said visitor traffic was good and so was the buyer response. "Buyers are interested in household medical and healthcare products, and they have asked for in-depth details about product features, prices and cooperation opportunities. Some Middle Eastern and Australian buyers have even shown interest in visiting our factories on the Chinese mainland." Mr Tam expected overall sales this year to rise from 10 per cent to 20 per cent.
Tay Eng Hean, Head, China/Hong Kong, at Singapore's White Rock Medical Company, a first-time exhibitor, was also pleased with the fair. White Rock, which specialises in high-tech medical supplies, featured its patented Alter G Anti-Gravity Treadmill at the fair. "The response has been very positive, and we are in talks with buyers from the Chinese mainland and Europe," said Mr Tay.
Tomas Petrusek, Senior Purchasing Manager of the Czech Republic's Promedica Praha Group, was a first-time fair participant. "I am particularly interested in breathing circuits and laparoscopes supplied by two potential suppliers. I'll ask for their quotations and samples, and then test these medical devices at hospitals before confirming my orders."
Spain's Emergencia 2000 SA is an importer of emergency chairs, health monitors and other products. Company CEO Julian Rodriguez Fernandez said he had found four potential suppliers with the help of the HKTDC's business-matching team and was satisfied with the results.
The fair featured a number of seminars, with industry experts discussing topics ranging from medical device technology to market development and trends. Exhibitor Forums were also held, allowing companies to demonstrate their products and answer buyer enquiries.
The Hospital Authority Convention, held alongside the medical fair, attracted 4,500 medical professionals from around the world. Convention participants brought additional business and networking opportunities for exhibitors.
The Hong Kong International Medical Devices and Supplies Fair was organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council and the Hong Kong Medical and Healthcare Device Industries Association.
Photo download: http://filesharing.tdc.org.hk/hktdc/download.php?fid=_phpCLr7U6
Youtube Channel: http://youtu.be/F_wtxNu6zts
A statutory body established in 1966, the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) is the international marketing arm for Hong Kong-based traders, manufacturers and service providers. With more than 40 global offices, including 13 on the Chinese mainland, the HKTDC promotes Hong Kong as a platform for doing business with China and throughout Asia. The HKTDC also organises trade fairs and business missions to connect companies with opportunities in Hong Kong and on the mainland, while providing information via trade publications, research reports and online. For more information, please visit: www.hktdc.com. Follow us on Google+, Twitter @hktdc, LinkedIn.
HKTDC Corporate Communication Department Joe Kainz Tel: +852 2584 4216 Email: [email protected]
Copyright 2014 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict