|By Business Wire||
|May 9, 2014 06:30 AM EDT||
Unwired Planet, Inc. today announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Unwired Planet International Ltd., a company organized under the laws of the Republic of Ireland, has added LG to the litigation filed in the Landgericht (District Court), Dusseldorf, Germany, initially announced on March 10, 2014.
The lawsuit, originally asserted against Samsung, Google, Huawei, and HTC, involves a total of six German patents covering technologies fundamental to wireless communications found in mobile devices and network equipment, including the use of 2G/3G/4G telecommunication standards and push notification technology underpinning the Android ecosystem.
The addition of LG to the list of asserted companies is not expected to adversely impact Unwired Planet’s litigation fee structure.
About Unwired Planet
Unwired Planet, Inc. (NASDAQ: UPIP) is the inventor of the Mobile Internet and a premier intellectual property company focused exclusively on the mobile industry. The company's patent portfolio of over 2,500 issued and pending US and foreign patents, includes technologies that allow mobile devices to connect to the Internet and enable mobile communications. The portfolio spans 2G, 3G, and 4G technologies, as well as cloud-based mobile applications and services. Unwired Planet's portfolio includes patents related to key mobile technologies, including baseband mobile communications, mobile browsers, mobile advertising, push notification technology, maps and location based services, mobile application stores, social networking, mobile gaming, and mobile search. Unwired Planet is headquartered in Reno, Nevada. References in this release to Unwired Planet may be to Unwired Planet, Inc. or its subsidiaries.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Any statements in this press release with respect to future events or expectations, including statements regarding the Company's licensing activities and expectations regarding enhancing shareholder value are forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933. These forward-looking statements are subject to many risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. Notwithstanding changes that may occur with respect to matters relating to any forward looking statements, Unwired Planet assumes no obligation to update the forward-looking statements included in this press release. For a detailed discussion of these and other factors that may cause these forward looking statements not to come true, please refer to the risk factors discussed in Unwired Planet's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including the company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2013. These documents are available at www.sec.gov or from Unwired Planet's website at www.unwiredplanet.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict