|By Business Wire||
|May 2, 2014 10:04 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q6npf6/tablets_in) has announced the addition of the "Tablets in Western Europe - Market Opportunities and Operator Business Models" report to their offering.
Tablets in Western Europe: Market Opportunities and Operator Business Models,' a new Telecom Insider Report examines demand and operator business models for tablets in the region. Derived from insights gathered from industry players, the report provides an analysis of the Western European tablet OS market, the features available in each price band, demand for cellular versus Wi-Fi enabled tablets and a five-year forecast for tablet sales, globally and by region. The report also includes a review of the role of mobile operators in the tablet value chain, especially in tablet distribution, and examines tablet portfolios, pricing and positioning strategies. It concludes with operator best practices and a number of recommendations.
The report presents case studies on Vodafone in the UK, Orange in Spain and T-Mobile in Germany. Each case study includes an analysis of tablet adoption levels in the respective countries and how these operators position and price the devices as they seek to grow their mobile broadband businesses.
- Demand for tablet devices is growing worldwide. In Western Europe, 47.9m tablets were sold to end users in 2013, about 20% of the global total. Pyramid Research expects another year of strong growth in tablet sales for the region in 2014 thanks to multiple underlying trends.
- Tablets present a good opportunity for mobile operators, allowing them to extend their mobile data connectivity to other types of uses and devices, but, their success in the tablet distribution value chain has been limited.
- Many mobile operators in Western Europe are getting involved in tablet distribution through their existing retail channels, with well-balanced tablet portfolios with 5-8 tablet models, including lower-end, own-brand tablets.
- While most of the operators limit their tablet portfolio to cellular models, there are those that are offering less expensive Wi-Fi-only models as well, promoting data tethering or prepaid access to mobile broadband plans, which encourages data use.
- Western European operators tend to offer a variety of mostly mobile data plans bundled with tablet devices. While data sharing plans are a rarity, additional perks such as access to Wi-Fi hotspots and premium content are available to tablet users.
- Mobile operators should prepare for a new wave of opportunities that will arise in the tablet space as LTE penetration reaches a tipping point. Operators could consider content partnerships to enrich their value proposition for tablet subscribers.
The report is structured as follows:
Section 1: Key trends and the role of mobile operators in the tablet distribution value chain
Section 2: Tablet sales forecast in Western Europe
Section 3: Operator positioning strategies for tablets
Section 4: Market detail: Case studies
Section 5: Conclusions: Key findings and recommendations
- KPN Netherlands
- Orange France
- Orange Spain
- Verizon Wireless
- Vodafone UK
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q6npf6/tablets_in
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict