|By Marketwired .||
|April 24, 2014 07:00 AM EDT||
MENLO PARK, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/24/14 -- Synack Inc., delivering an advanced new model for vulnerability and security testing, announced today that it has received $7.5 million in Series A funding. This financing round was led by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB), with new participation from Google Ventures and existing investors Greylock Partners, Allegis Capital, and Derek Smith, the CEO of Shape Security.
Synack previously raised $1.5 million in seed funding, bringing its total amount of capital raised to over $9 million. The funds will be used to continue to recruit and certify a diverse set of world-class cyber security experts and to further develop Synack's security platform.
"Today's volatile threat landscape coupled with the lack of resources needed to protect the enterprise presents a significant challenge for businesses who are unable to scale their security solutions to stay ahead of these threats," said Ted Schlein, general partner at KPCB. "Synack is taking a different approach by utilizing advanced stealth technology combined with a trusted global community of security researchers that enterprises can rely on to protect them at mass scale."
Led by former Senior National Security Agency analysts, Synack is advancing traditional security models by combining the massively scalable power of human expertise -- crowd security intelligence -- with state-of-the-art technology to address the rapidly evolving security needs of the enterprise.
"With the vast amount of enterprises migrating to the cloud, there is an increased number of attack vectors that leave businesses exposed to cyber threats," said Karim Faris, general partner at Google Ventures. "Synack is addressing the next-generation of security threats on a global scale by tapping security researchers as an added layer of protection that may be missed by traditional security defenses."
"The only way to defend against the influx of sophisticated cyber attacks is to combine advanced technology with human interaction to deliver quality and highly effective results at scale," said Jay Kaplan, CEO of Synack. "Since we launched nine months ago, we have recruited some of the most elite, respected, and well known security researchers in the world and worked with enterprise customers across financial services, healthcare, education, and retail. The new funds will help us continue recruiting the best global security talent and further develop our technology platform."
About Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB) partners with the brightest entrepreneurs to turn disruptive ideas into world-changing businesses. The firm has helped build pioneering companies like Amazon, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Google, Nest, and Twitter. KPCB offers entrepreneurs years of operating experience, puts them at the center of a vast and influential network, and accelerates their success through expertise and support in recruiting, product design and delivery, business development, strategic partnerships and brand building. KPCB invests in all stages from seed and incubation to growth companies and operates from offices in Menlo Park, San Francisco, Shanghai and Beijing. For more information, visit: www.kpcb.com.
About Google Ventures:
Google Ventures provides seed, venture and growth stage funding to the most innovative and promising entrepreneurs across a variety of industries. Founded in 2009, Google Ventures has extensive entrepreneurial experience, deep technical knowledge, and expertise in building high growth, scalable products and companies. Among its 225+ investments are Uber, Kabam, RetailMeNot, DocuSign, AngelList, and Foundation Medicine. Google Ventures is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif., with offices in Boston and New York. For more information, please visit www.gv.com.
Based in Menlo Park, CA, Synack is redefining the traditional model of security testing with technology that allows customers to safely engage a global, on-demand community of trusted security researchers. Synack's platform is massively scalable and enables rapid and efficient vulnerability discovery. Synack was founded in 2013 by security experts Jay Kaplan, CEO, and Dr. Mark Kuhr, CTO. For more information, visit www.synack.com.
PR Contact Info:
(415) 963-4174 ex.34
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict