|By Business Wire||
|April 21, 2014 07:04 AM EDT||
The Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) has released an upgrade to the highly popular Maryland Practice Driving Test mobile app that includes a Spanish-language version of the test for both the iOS and Android platforms. The Maryland Practice Driving Test is a free and convenient tool to prepare future drivers for the knowledge test required to obtain a Maryland driver license. To date, the mobile apps have been downloaded over 350,000 times from the iTunes and Google Play App Stores.
Customers who have previously downloaded the app will need to install the upgrade to access the Spanish-language version. The apps are designed to display English or Spanish language questions automatically based on the default language setting of the mobile device. The Maryland Practice Driving Test app generates a random series of 25 questions and allows users to repeat the test as often as they like. The app also integrates with social media channels and allows users to email their scores to their parents and friends or post on Facebook and Twitter.
“The new Spanish version of the driver practice test will help to increase knowledge of safe and legal driving practices in Maryland,” said MVA Administrator Milton Chaffee. “About half of those who take the knowledge test fail it the first time. It is important for every driver to understand the rules of the road because safety is the MVA’s number one priority.”
The Maryland Practice Driving Test mobile apps are available for free download in the iTunes and Google Play app stores and can also be accessed through the state’s official website, www.Maryland.gov or MVA’s website, http://www.mva.maryland.gov/mobile/.
The MVA encourages all applicants for a Maryland learner’s permit to study the Maryland Driver’s Manual, available in English and Spanish on the MVA’s website, before attempting to take the knowledge test. The MVA also offers an online version of the Spanish language tutorial on their website to assist those who do not have access to a compatible mobile device.
The Maryland Practice Driving Test mobile apps were developed at no charge for the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration by NIC Inc., through the self-funded eGovernment services contract with the State Department of Information Technology (DoIT).
Maryland.gov is the official website of the state of Maryland (http://www.maryland.gov) and is a collaborative public/private partnership managed by the Department of Information Technology (DoIT) and NIC Maryland. NIC Maryland helps Maryland state and local government entities web-enable their services and operates without tax funds through a Self-funded eGovernment Services contract. NIC Maryland builds, operates, maintains, and markets Maryland.gov and its eGovernment services.
NIC Inc. (Nasdaq: EGOV) is the nation’s leading provider of official state government portals, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company’s innovative eGovernment services help reduce costs and increase efficiencies for government agencies, citizens, and businesses across the country. NIC provides eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict