|By Business Wire||
|April 10, 2014 11:42 AM EDT||
Attendees at the 10th Annual PRO & eCOA Congress in Boston last month reaffirmed the need to use electronic clinical outcome assessment (COA) Systems as recommended by the FDA PRO Guidance to improve clinical research and gain regulatory approvals.
The PRO & eCOA Congress, hosted by PHT Corporation, is the premier PRO and eClinical outcome assessment meeting. It is attended by pharmaceutical and biotechnology professionals in clinical operations, outsourcing, data management, eClinical technologies, regulatory affairs, and health outcomes as well as PRO and eCOA thought leaders, regulators and sites.
Sheila Rocchio, MBA, PHT Vice President of Marketing and Product Management, said, “This year’s Congress set a new standard for the depth and level of knowledge, experience and insights shared by participants. It is absolutely clear from each presentation, workshop and roundtable discussion that eCOA technologies are the standard for enabling patient-centric clinical research that speeds the delivery of new drugs and therapies.”
For the first time in Congress history attendees heard the patient perspective. Renay Houle, Volunteer/Advocate for the Arthritis Foundation New England Region, shared her experience as a clinical research participant in a presentation, “The RA Patient Experience: Trials, Treatment & Life with Rheumatoid Arthritis.”
Kenneth A. Getz, Director of sponsored research programs at Tufts CSDD and the Founder of CenterWatch, keynoted the event with a presentation on the changing R&D paradigm and the critical need to engage patients as partners in pre- and post-approval studies. Other speakers included representatives from Biogen Idec, Celgene Corporation, Palatin Technologies, QualityMetric Inc. and PHT. Event sponsors were CenterWatch, Bluebird Inc., Lionbridge Life Sciences, Intel and Dell.
Also during the Congress customers learned how the PHT SitePad® System was used by a customer to achieve primary and secondary endpoints for studies of its drug which achieved FDA approval.
Next month PHT will launch a Patient-Centric Research Video Series to highlight Congress presentations, the future of the eCOA industry and the panel session led by Kenneth Getz with contributions from representatives of PatientsLikeMe, Biogen Idec, and Eli Lilly and Company, as well as PHT Founder Dr. Stephen Raymond. See how Congress attendees drove the discussion about eCOA Systems for improved clinical research, participated in educational sessions, shared experiences and enjoyed networking with peers: http://bit.ly/1qxtiQS
Registration is open for the PRO & eCOA Congress, Europe, 3-5 June in Barcelona, Spain. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/CongressBarcelona. The agenda combines presentations, case studies, workshops and roundtable discussions that focus on the latest PRO and eCOA innovations, case studies and best practices. PHT invites all Congress alumni to join the PRO & eCOA Congress LinkedIn Community to exchange information, ideas and experiences throughout the year.
Meet PHT at the Outsourcing in Clinical Trials Europe, 21-22 May to be entered to win one free PRO & eCOA Congress registration and hotel accommodation in Barcelona.
About PHT Corporation
PHT Corporation is the eClinical innovator leading the adoption of patient-driven mobile apps for better clinical research. The PHT electronic clinical outcome assessment (eCOA) system collects and reports secure real-time patient data from the latest mobile devices. PHT scientific, regulatory and technological expertise combined with quality outcomes data enable clients to make research decisions with confidence. Sponsors and CROs have leveraged the PHT Patient Suite in 650+ trials resulting in 16+ regulatory approvals. Visit phtcorp.com for more information on PHT. Follow PHT on LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict