|By Marketwired .||
|April 10, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA and LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/10/14 -- After months of anticipation, FAMILY GUY: The Quest for Stuff launches today on the App Store and Google Play, delivering a striking game play experience crafted specifically for mobile platforms.
FAMILY GUY: The Quest for Stuff begins with a new conflict between Peter Griffin and his arch nemesis the Giant Chicken. After an epic battle gone awry, Quahog is destroyed and Peter is to blame. With Quahog in ruins, players must help Peter rally classic FAMILY GUY characters in order to rebuild the town.
Developed as a collaboration between mobile gaming studio TinyCo, Fox Digital Entertainment and 20th Century Fox Television Production, the game draws on the show's 200+ episodes as well as current events in pop culture. With the same style and humor of the TV show folded into the game, FAMILY GUY: The Quest for Stuff delivers a laugh every time you play.
"Not only is the game exponentially more entertaining than reading this press release, it's the only place you'll find Peter and Quagmire napping together," said Rick Phillips, SVP, Fox Digital Entertainment. "We're excited to deliver a game that brings the spontaneity and eccentricity of the show to the mobile gameplay experience for the first time. TinyCo successfully marries the world of FAMILY GUY, its infamous cutaways, lampooning of current events, and irreverent humor with entertaining game mechanics."
"We've had an absolute blast bringing The Quest for Stuff to life," said Andrew N. Green, head of business development and business operations at TinyCo. "Working with an IP like FAMILY GUY wasn't a responsibility we took lightly, and thanks to fantastic collaboration with Fox we're delivering a game that both fans and newcomers will love."
FAMILY GUY: The Quest for Stuff is free to play with in-app purchases. For more FAMILY GUY: The Quest for Stuff content, check out these sites:
- Get FAMILY GUY: The Quest for Stuff on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in the App Store
- FAMILY GUY: The Quest for Stuff on Google Play
- Gameplay Trailer: YouTube
- Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/playfamilyguy
- Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/playfamilyguy
- Visit us on the web: playfamilyguy.tinyco.com
About FAMILY GUY
FAMILY GUY follows the adventures of endearingly ignorant dad Peter Griffin and his hilariously odd family of middle-class New Englanders -- wife Lois, daughter Meg, son Chris, baby Stewie and dog Brian -- in Quahog, Rhode Island. The animated series, which features the voice talents of Seth MacFarlane, Alex Borstein, Seth Green, and Mila Kunis, is a 20th Century Fox Television production. Seth MacFarlane is creator/executive producer. Rich Appel serves as executive producer/showrunner, while Mark Hentemann, Steve Callaghan, Danny Smith, Alec Sulkin, Wellesley Wild and Kara Valloware executive producers. Become a fan of FAMILY GUY on Facebook at www.facebook.com/familyguy and follow the series on Twitter at www.twitter.com/familyguyonfox (@familyguyonfox).
TinyCo builds engaging game worlds that can be played anywhere on mobile devices. Founded in 2009, TinyCo has developed more than a dozen successful games for the App Store, Google Play Store, and Amazon Appstore. The company has been recognized as one of the first to crack the code on monetizing the Android platform, and its games have been downloaded more than 85 million times. The company's investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Pinnacle Ventures, and angel investors including Ron Conway and Keith Rabois. For more information about TinyCo, please visit http://www.tinyco.com.
About Fox Digital Entertainment
Fox Digital Entertainment (FDE) is the Twentieth Century Fox division dedicated to fostering new and innovative mobile content and apps in emerging distribution channels. FDE develops and produces original videos, apps and games based on new concepts and extensions of existing Fox brands. The group has produced a number of award-winning products, among them GLEE KARAOKE, ANGRY BIRDS RIO, ICE AGE VILLAGE, THE SIMPSONS TAPPED OUT and many others.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2564988
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict