|By Business Wire||
|April 7, 2014 06:35 AM EDT||
Scott Barber, Product Owner, Performance Products at SmartBear Software, the leading provider of software quality and performance management tools, is presenting the half-day tutorial, “Managing Application Performance: A Simplified Universal Approach” at STARCANADA, April 5-9, 2014 in Toronto. He is also presenting, “How Metrics Programs Can Destroy Your Soul.” STARCANADA is the premier software testing conference in the region with the most up-to-date information, tools and technologies available in the industry today.
|SmartBear’s Scott Barber Presenting at STARCANADA|
|April 7, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. EDT|
|“How Metrics Programs Can Destroy Your Soul” – Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at|
|12:45 p.m. EDT|
|Toronto Hilton, 145 Richmond St. W., Toronto, ON M5H 2L2|
In response to increasing market demand for well-performing applications, many organizations implement performance testing programs, often at great expense. These solutions alone are often insufficient to keep pace with emerging expectations and competitive pressures. In a half day tutorial, Scott Barber shares the fundamentals of implementing T4APM™, a simple and universal approach that is valuable independently or as an extension of existing performance testing programs. The approach hinges on applying a simple and unobtrusive “Target, Test, Trend, Tune” cycle to tasks in your application lifecycle – from a single unit test through entire system production monitoring.
In the session, “How Metrics Programs Can Destroy Your Soul,” Scott shares what stakeholders are looking for when they request specific metrics, how the metrics they request frequently fail and how to help your organization create metrics that do provide real insight. Discover the tools needed to explain what can be measured, what those measurements mean and how to combine measurements into metrics that tell insightful stories about your testing.
Scott Barber is a well-respected leader in the advancement of software testing practices, industry activist and load testing celebrity of sorts. He is best known as one of the most energetic and entertaining speakers in the industry as well as a prolific author of several books including “Performance Testing Guidance for Web Applications,” “Beautiful Testing,” “How to Reduce the Cost of Testing,” and “Web Load Testing for Dummies” as well as the author of over 100 articles on his blog, “Peak Performance.” Follow him on Twitter @sbarber.
LoadUIWeb by SmartBear is a free desktop tool for performance, stress, scalability and load testing of web applications. It supports testing web applications on almost any server technology or platform including IIS or Apache, Windows or Linux/UNIX, Ajax, ASP.NET, Flash, Flex and Silverlight. For the latest updates, follow @LoadUIWeb on Twitter or visit: http://loaduiweb.org/ or to download LoadUIWeb Pro, visit: http://loaduiweb.org/downloads/loaduiweb-pro-trial.html.
About SmartBear Software
More than one million developers, testers and operations professionals use SmartBear software tools to ensure the quality and performance of their APIs, mobile, cloud-based and Web applications. With five million downloads and counting, SmartBear products are affordable, easy-to-use and ready for deployment. Free tools and plug-ins for automation and performance testing, code review and website monitoring are available for download on the website. Learn more about SmartBear, the company's award-winning tools or join the active user community at http://www.smartbear.com, on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @smartbear or Google+.
All trademarks recognized.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict