|By Business Wire||
|April 3, 2014 08:03 AM EDT||
Tablets.com, the exact category name representing an industry that is worth nearly $100 billion a year, anchors Heritage Auctions’ (http://www.HA.com) April 9, 2014 Domain Names & Intellectual Property Auction, the follow-up to Heritage’s inaugural Domain & IP auction late last year which realized more than $1.6 million in total.
"Forecasts show that nearly 300 million tablets will ship this year," said Aron Meystedt, Founder and Director of Intellectual Property auctions at Heritage.
"Tablets.com represents a tremendous opportunity for a smart, forward-thinking buyer. It’s an opportunity for an established company to solidify its authority in the industry, while owning an asset that will potentially help them reach new customers and rank higher in SEO. It also offers the chance for a newcomer to this category to gain instant credibility and SEO while reaching a whole new customer base."
Meystedt pointed out that Whisky.com sold earlier in 2014 for $3.1 million, "clearly illustrating that category-leading domain names still carry tremendous value and commercial appeal."
Also offered in the upcoming auction is the domain Future.com, an unforgettable premium one-word domain name originally registered in 2000 and not publicly available in 14 years.
"There are very few one-word .com domains of this caliber on the Internet," said Meystedt. "It’s unforgettable, it’s just a single word and it inspires grand, forward-thinking -- exactly what a major brand or product wants to be associated with."
Two-letter domain names are among the most valuable of all Internet real estate, with only 676 possible combinations and the majority of these owned by large corporations. With that in mind, Heritage Auctions is offering the domain LK.com, being made available for the very first time by the owner. All two-letter .com domain names have been registered for many years. LK.com is no exception; it has been registered since 1997.
"Occasionally, a two-letter .com will surface on the aftermarket with truly premium letters and LK.com is one of those names. LK.com is a great investment opportunity but also represents an opportunity to brand a company with a valuable domain asset, joining major corporations internationally," said Meystedt.
Many two-letter .com purchases have reached significant amounts. Reported sales include: FB.com to Facebook for $8.5 million, IG.com to the IG Group for $4.7 million and YP.com to Yellow Pages for $3.85 million.
Additional highlights of the April 9 auction include, but are not limited to: March.com, Spokane.com, Skinny.com, SouthAmerica.com, CorpusChristi.com, Sword.com, Cola.com and Creek.com.
Heritage Auctions is the largest auction house founded in the United States and the world’s third largest, with annual sales of more than $800 million, and 800,000+ online bidder members. For more information about Heritage Auctions, and to join and receive access to a complete record of prices realized, with full-color, enlargeable photos of each lot, please visit HA.com.
Want to get the up-to-the-minute updates and breaking news stories about Heritage Auctions? Get them as they happen at: HA.com/Twitter; Facebook: HA.com/Facebook. To view a complete archive of Heritage press releases go to: HA.com/PR. To link to this press release on your blog or Website: HA.com/PR-2498.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict