|By Business Wire||
|April 2, 2014 11:31 AM EDT||
Virtual Bridges, Inc. today released VERDE™ 7.1, an update to its award-winning, high-performance virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solution. This latest version now supports GlusterFS, a market-leading clustered file system, removing the need for any external storage in a VDI implementation and further extending Virtual Bridges’ lead as the most performance-efficient and cost-effective virtual desktop solution on the market.
“With our Storage Optimizer™ and Cache I/O™ technology, Virtual Bridges has led the industry for years with the lowest storage cap-ex, reducing storage costs for customers upwards of 80 percent,” said Jon Senger, chief strategy officer at Virtual Bridges. “VERDE 7.1 takes our commitment a step further by eliminating the need for expensive NAS storage, further reducing the total cost of ownership required to deploy VDI across an enterprise.”
VERDE is a private cloud desktop virtualization solution that provides secure anytime, anywhere access to end-user devices, files, applications and programs. In addition to new storage advantages, VERDE 7.1 includes hardened security, Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) 8.0 connection broker support, Windows 8.1 Client and Guest OS support, and Windows Server 2012 Guest OS support. The solution is now also available for white labeling.
A fully integrated, all-in-one private cloud solution, VERDE delivers a simple but powerful feature set that costs approximately 60 percent less than competitive solutions. VERDE is available as a hosted or on premises solution and features fast provisioning and deployment, broad support for Windows and Linux, optimized storage with Cache I/O technology, and stateless clustering for high availability and fast and flexible scaling.
For more information, visit: http://vbridges.com/technology/verde/.
About Virtual Bridges
Virtual Bridges provides enterprise-class desktop and workload virtualization for private, public and hybrid cloud environments. Used by hundreds of organizations around the world, Virtual Bridges delivers secure, anytime, anywhere access to end-user devices, files, applications and programs. The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas and backed by Austin Ventures. For more information visit: http://vbridges.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict