|By PR Newswire||
|April 1, 2014 10:10 AM EDT||
PARIS and BOSTON, April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ORSYP, a leading provider of IT Operations Management solutions, today announced the availability of Dollar Universe v6.2. The product's new capability set enables enterprises to link and combine application automation workflows in ways formerly unattainable, and with substantial business value outcomes.
Traditional workload automation tools identify "events" as a static series or timed schedule, or by using recurrent polling. For the first time, Dollar Universe v6.2 overcomes this limitation by enabling any external event to trigger an automation activity. The implications are faster customer response times, better informed decision-making, and improved IT resource utilization.
Gartner1 has identified that IT workload automation broker technology is on the rise, less than two years from mainstream adoption and will offer high benefits. According to Gartner1, "IT workload automation broker (ITWAB) tools automate mixed workloads based on business policies in which resources are assigned and de-assigned in an automated fashion to meet service-level objectives. These tools use architectural patterns that facilitate easy, standards-based integration to automate processing requirements across applications and infrastructure platforms, based on events, workloads, resources and schedules."
With 6.2, users can easily synchronize existing workflows with external application or system events like database updates, email arrivals and supervision notifications. An event coming from Cloud-based applications including Salesforce and ServiceNow can now be seamlessly synchronized with on-premises applications and systems. Event-based automation examples include:
- Emails received by a retailer are instantly processed by Oracle E-business Suite to ensure prompt payment of supplier invoices.
- Changes in salesforce.com to customer address information immediately instigates updates to on-premises account management and billing systems where customer data is also held.
- Database triggers capture new cell phone sales data and initiate the process that creates new accounts and manages immediate dispatching of customer SIM cards.
- SAP events schedule ABAP reports to run when user-submitted requests are intercepted.
Web Services-based "triggers" acknowledge external events instantly, dramatically reducing latency in business workflows and guarantying information delivery and integrity. This capability substantially reduces the complexity of trying to pre-schedule application processes, which is critical given the pace of change and increasing level of interdependencies across today's complex workload environments.
Other major application integration and efficiency improvements featured in Dollar Universe v6.2 include:
- Advanced Oracle Database Integration – Oracle database admin jobs can be seamlessly integrated with application workload, reducing the impact of errors and delays incurred when using shell scripts and manual submissions. Extensions to the Dollar Universe user interface make it easy to define and maintain PL/SQL blocks, stored procedures and other Oracle database jobs. Dollar Universe minimizes latency by synchronizing the execution of Oracle jobs across multiple instances with other enterprise IT workload, enhancing performance and throughput.
- Business Visualization of IT Workflows – Business and IT users can collaborate using a clear, common view of their automated workflows when making updates to existing processes or introducing new workload. A new search-engine style dashboard allows Dollar Universe users to find related workflows and explore individual job plans. Graphic views and drill-down tools provide the visibility and in-depth insights Dollar Universe users need when making changes their enterprise automation plans.
"Our customers have a very clear set of needs," said Francois-Xavier Floren, Chief Executive Officer at ORSYP. "Help me react quickly to the continuous changes of my business. Don't ask me to use a crystal ball to anticipate user needs. And make business workflows simple to automate. Dollar Universe v6.2 has been guided by these principles, and delivers on them like no other product."
ORSYP is the IT operations specialist for automating and optimizing the performance of your business systems. Its transformational software is designed for the most demanding IT environments, wins back time every day, and is supported by deep expertise that is trusted by 1500 customers around the world. With ORSYP's efficiency gains, IT executives deliver a multiplier effect on their IT operations. ORSYP is headquartered in Paris, Boston and Hong Kong.
1 Gartner "Hype Cycle for IT Operations Management, 2013," Patricia Adams & Milind Govekar, 23 July 2013.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict