|By Marketwired .||
|April 1, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/01/14 -- EE Live! -- AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced a multi-year agreement with Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ: MENT) to expand availability of open-source embedded Linux development for heterogeneous and multi-core processors from AMD. Dedicated to providing embedded developers with a more manageable and focused open source framework, the agreement will provide embedded developers with more supported processor options, robust development tools, and greater speed in open platform development.
As a Yocto Project compatible product, Mentor® Embedded Linux will now bring standardized features and tools, and ensure quick access to the latest Board Support Packages (BSPs) for AMD 64-bit x86 architecture beginning with the upcoming AMD Embedded G-Series system-on-a-chip (SoC) (codenamed: "Steppe Eagle") and AMD Embedded R-Series APU/CPU (codenamed: "Bald Eagle"). Embedded systems developers will have comprehensive access to the Mentor Embedded Linux development platform for customized embedded Linux development and commercial support, as well as a no-cost Mentor Embedded Linux Lite derivative providing all the essentials to evaluate Linux on AMD embedded processors.
To address the growing complexity of embedded systems, embedded developers will also have access to Sourcery CodeBench for greater insight into system execution, performance and debugging applications in Linux-based embedded systems.
"Partnering with the largest independent embedded Linux and tools vendor in the market today is an exciting step forward as we continue to invest in the embedded market," said Scott Aylor, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Embedded Solutions. "We are providing the embedded development community an opportunity for choice, and this agreement with Mentor Graphics brings the embedded community an open-source platform to help tailor and expand their development."
"Mentor Graphics is excited to partner with AMD when you look at their vision and product portfolio of innovative technologies for embedded solutions," said Scot Morrison, general manager of embedded runtime solutions, Mentor Graphics Embedded Software Division. "We look forward to delivering the industry's most robust open-source development ecosystem to market with the upcoming AMD Embedded G- and R-Series products."
Key Features, Benefits and Support
As part of the agreement between AMD and Mentor Graphics, embedded developers will have access to the following customized embedded Linux development products:
- Mentor Embedded Linux Lite
- Free enablement for evaluation and prototyping for the upcoming AMD "Steppe Eagle" and "Bald Eagle" products
- Yocto Project compliant
- Binary images of root file system and kernel
- Access to sources for all open source components
- Seamless migration to commercially supported Mentor Embedded Linux
- Mentor Embedded Linux
- Commercial terms for project development including bug fixes, security patches, and product updates
- Eclipse based Sourcery CodeBench development environment and data trace analysis and visualization capabilities
- Customizability for unique project needs including custom BSP development, back porting and long term support
- Sourcery CodeBench Lite
- Complete GNU based C/C++ development and debug tool chain for custom Linux target platform development
- Windows and Linux host-based development options
For more information about the agreement, visit the Mentor Graphics embedded Linux solutions page for AMD, or stop by the AMD booth #716 or the Mentor Graphics booth #1812 at the EE Live! expo from April 1 to April 3 at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center.
- Learn more about the upcoming "Steppe Eagle" and "Bald Eagle" product families
- Become a fan of AMD and Mentor Graphics on Facebook
- Follow @AMDEmbedded and @MentorEmbedded on Twitter
- Join AMD and Mentor Embedded on Google Plus
AMD (NYSE: AMD) designs and integrates technology that powers millions of intelligent devices, including personal computers, tablets, game consoles and cloud servers that define the new era of surround computing. AMD solutions enable people everywhere to realize the full potential of their favorite devices and applications to push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information, visit www.amd.com.
About Mentor Embedded
Mentor Graphics Embedded Software Division enables embedded development for a variety of applications including automotive, industrial, smart energy, medical devices, and consumer electronics. Embedded developers can create systems with the latest processors and micro-controllers with commercially supported and customizable Linux-based solutions including the industry-leading Sourcery CodeBench and Mentor Embedded Linux products. For real-time control, systems developers can take advantage of the small-footprint and low-power-capable Nucleus® RTOS. For more information, visit www.mentor.com/embedded.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Mentor Graphics, Mentor, and Nucleus are trademarks of Mentor Graphics Corporation and Sourcery is a trademark of Mentor Graphics Corporation. All other company or product names are the registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict