|By Marketwired .||
|March 31, 2014 07:30 AM EDT||
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/31/14 -- ClearStory Data, the company that's bringing Data Intelligence to everyone, today announced it has raised $21 million in Series B funding. New investor DAG Ventures leads the round, with additional investments from Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, Khosla Ventures and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB). The round brings ClearStory Data's total funding to $31.5 million and positions the company for fast growth based on its next-generation approach to making disparate data analysis fast and simple for anyone across organizations large and small.
ClearStory Data also announced that former Google SVP Shona Brown, who was instrumental in building Google's business and people operations, joins the company's Board of Directors. Brown played a key role in helping Google scale from just a few hundred to 30,000+ people and become a world-changing company.
Business competition, and the availability of new data sources, leads companies to ask ever more complex and data-driven questions. ClearStory's next-generation end-to-end Data Intelligence solution speeds insightful decisions by:
- Dramatically simplifying access across disparate internal and external data
- Automating data harmonization and blending
- Enabling fast exploration and rich collaborative analysis.
Unlike last-generation data analysis solutions, ClearStory removes the complexity for the end user and brings more data, faster, to more people across the organization. ClearStory's technology combines a powerful data-processing and data-intelligence platform with a simple user application that harmonizes disparate data to help inform decisions and collaboratively drive new insights.
"ClearStory Data has a huge opportunity to lead a new era in which fast data-driven decisions are the 'new normal' within any company," said Shona Brown, new ClearStory Data board member. "I'm pleased to be joining the board to help ClearStory grow into a ubiquitous data-intelligence solution that any line of business relies on to make better decisions faster."
ClearStory Data's approach quickly uncovers important answers spanning disparate data sources that other last generation and "big data analytics" technologies simply cannot because they can't scale, they require time-intensive data modeling and manipulation, and they depend on data experts and IT skill sets. ClearStory changes all that with a new approach so anyone can now access disparate data, use ClearStory's Intelligent Data Harmonization to converge data-on-the-fly, and quickly reach visual, collaborative insights all within a simple user experience. By making it easier and faster, ClearStory opens new doors for every business user and analyst.
"Data in the workplace now comes from innumerable sources and it has to get easier and faster for business users and analysts to reach answers without relying on IT or data scientists," said ClearStory Data CEO Sharmila Mulligan. "Further, there needs to be a new way for people to collaborate as data gets more abundant, for faster decision making. Our end-to-end solution combines all the data processing, intelligence, and user experience needs to achieve this. Today's investment lets us scale rapidly to shape next-generation Data Intelligence and change how companies consume data."
"It's evident that the new data landscape begs for a transformational solution and ClearStory's end-to-end approach leads the way in making data more consumable for companies big and small," said John Cadeddu at DAG Ventures. "The ClearStory Data team brings unique big-data expertise and superb design experience together to solve this problem for businesses worldwide and we look forward to helping create a market-changing company."
Experience ClearStory's Data Intelligence that's easy for anyone who needs to speed data analysis and empower collaborative decision-making by visiting www.clearstorydata.com.
About ClearStory Data
ClearStory Data is bringing next-generation Data Intelligence to everyone in order to accelerate the way businesses get answers across any number of data sources. By dramatically simplifying data access to internal and external sources, harmonizing disparate data on-the-fly, and enabling fast, collaborative exploration, ClearStory Data's end-to-end solution includes an integrated platform and incredibly simple user application. The company is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, DAG Ventures, Google Ventures, Khosla Ventures, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB). To keep up with how the world is becoming more Data Intelligent, visit www.clearstorydata.com and follow us on Twitter @ClearStoryData.
LaunchSquad for ClearStory Data
clearstory [at] launchsquad [dot] com
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict