|By PR Newswire||
|March 14, 2014 07:00 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, March 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Hello Vino, Inc. announces the acquisition of Corkbin, a popular social networking app for wine enthusiasts to save and share photos of their purchases.
The Corkbin app features will add an important social dimension to Hello Vino's groundbreaking wine recommendation engine, which has accrued an installed base of 1.7 million users through its iOS and Android apps. By enabling users to access their friends' ratings of favorite wines, Hello Vino will also reinforce the wine profiles in its database with personal endorsements.
"The acquisition of Corkbin allows Hello Vino to enhance the entire wine shopping experience," remarks Rick Breslin, CEO of Hello Vino. "While the Hello Vino app assists wine shoppers before they buy, the Corkbin app facilitates the tracking and sharing of their wine purchases."
This consolidation of mobile apps is the first of its kind in the wine industry. Hello Vino's current platform allows wineries to engage consumers at the point of purchase, while the Corkbin addition will enable wineries to build relationships with those enjoying their wines after the purchase. In addition to the acquisition, Corkbin Founder Catherine Liao will join Hello Vino as Director, Special Projects.
"Combining the features of Hello Vino and Corkbin will quickly transform our vision into reality," said Catherine Liao, Founder of Corkbin. "We believe the most enjoyable wine experiences hinge on social interactions and contextually-relevant recommendations."
Additional app features will include the ability to gift wines to friends and interact with tastemakers. In a recent survey of Hello Vino app users, 91% made repeat purchases of a wine based on the app's recommendation, with 57% recommending wines to friends and social circles. Both apps are available on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
About Hello Vino:
Hello Vino delivers wine recommendations to mobile devices, acting as a personal wine assistant to consumers looking to purchase the perfect bottle of wine for a meal, a specific occasion, or according to personal taste preferences. The app is a free download on the App Store. More information, including video demonstrations and features, are available at HelloVino.com
SOURCE Hello Vino
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict