|By PR Newswire||
|March 14, 2014 07:00 AM EDT||
PALO ALTO, Calif., March 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The launch of WikiBusiness.org in association with Wikipedia on January 7 this year, gave a completely new dimension to the digital information available for businesses, professionals and companies.
Using the Wiki framework of crowd sourced aggregated and verified information, this is by far the most credible encyclopaedia for businesses all over the world. Its association with Wikipedia brings it the credibility as the world's biggest and most reputable knowledge source for businesses.
According to a November 13, 2008 article from the Wall Street Journal, survey of 358 senior executives and directors at 53 publicly traded companies revealed at least seven instances of false claims that individuals had received academic degrees that they, in fact, did not. One of the most popular cases in 2013 was that of Yahoo! CEO Scott Thompson who resigned in the wake of row over 'fake' degree as the board gave into a raft of complaints which included a discrepancy in the internet boss's CV.
In a recent article by PricewaterhouseCoopers entitled "Trust but verify: From transparency to competitive advantage," the authors describe the importance of transparency for companies in gaining a competitive advantage in today's business environment. The article states that verification by a well-regarded independent third party is key to increasing transparency and thus gaining trust from customers. Another article by the Harvard Business Review from May-June 2012 also mentions the fact that transparency and trust in a company or professional have become increasingly difficult to achieve in the era of services, where customers lack sources to verify the quality of the services they are buying.
By offering an independent third party platform where information provided by companies and professionals is verified, WikiBusiness fills the gap and helps businesses, professionals and customers to make the most out of their purchasing decision.
WikiBusiness has opened a new horizon for creating and verifying business and professional profiles online by using the crowd sourced edit function (Wiki style) and using unique auto-fill functionality from existing web presence.
Learn more: http://www.wikibusiness.org
Contact: WikiBusiness Corp.
Name: Michael Heiberg
Email address: [email protected]
SOURCE WikiBusiness Corp.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict