|By Marketwired .||
|February 14, 2014 08:00 AM EST||
OTTAWA, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 02/14/14 -- Ottawa-based startup Blacksumac today announced availability of its free Piper mobile app for Android in the Google Play Store. Piper, the compact, Wi-Fi-enabled, all-in-one home automation and security device that recently launched general availability in North America, enables users to seamlessly monitor what's important in their life from their mobile device, all without contracts or fees.
"The smart, connected home is more accessible to users than ever before," said Russell Ure, CEO and co-founder of Blacksumac, Inc. "Consumers want to connect with their home in a simple and intuitive way, and future connected home offerings will be guided by technology that anticipates what we need and is controlled naturally. We're thrilled to extend consumers the option to connect with their homes via Piper through any Android device."
Piper has been recognized for its excellence in innovative design and engineering and originally debuted its crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo in August 2013, where it successfully tripled its funding efforts. Allowing users to easily monitor, secure and interact with their homes through Z-Wave home automation accessories, Piper continues to receive support and praise from homeowners, apartment renters, parents, pet owners and design enthusiasts alike.
Piper features include:
- Security - 3 customizable security modes (home, away and vacation), motion detector and piercing, 105-decibel siren
- Automation - Integrate Z-Wave accessories into Piper's security modes, control them remotely, on a schedule, or using environmental data
- HD Panoramic camera - 180 degrees fisheye lens, electronic pan, tilt, and zoom, 1080p camera sensor
- Customized alerts - Phone call, text message, email and push notifications to alert users and their trusted circle when security rules are triggered
- Environmental sensors - Monitor and control home temperature, humidity, ambient light and sound
- Elegant design - Simple, intuitive app. Compact, two-toned form with brushed metal legs.
- Smart hardware - ARM processor, battery backup, internal memory for video storage, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi.
- Free cloud storage - Cloud infrastructure provides Piper a place to store event videos, send various types of notifications and perform additional login/connection negotiation
- Android & iOS - NOW available on Android and iOS smartphones and tablets
Download the free Piper app today for your Android devices at: http://bit.ly/1eOM045. Blacksumac's Piper can be purchased at http://store.getpiper.com/ by itself for $239 USD, in packs of three for $649 USD or bundled with Z-Wave home automation accessories such as smart switches and door/window sensors that allow consumers to control their homes remotely, ranging from $359 to $849 USD.
Blacksumac is the creator of Piper and was founded in 2012 by Russell Ure and John Criswick. Blacksumac is an Ottawa startup engaged in engineering design and technology development. The company's product focus is remote presence-based smart home and business technology. For more information, please visit the company page at www.blacksumac.com and Piper product page at www.getpiper.com. Follow and like Piper on Facebook and Twitter.
Lindsey R. Coyle
Highwire PR for Blacksumac
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict