|By ACN Newswire||
|February 13, 2014 03:46 AM EST||
Fair Features More Than 760 Exhibitors, Over 120 Events
Hong Kong, Feb 13, 2014 - (ACN Newswire) - More than 760 exhibitors are taking part in the 24th HKTDC Education & Careers Expo, which opened today and continues through 16 February at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC). The exhibitors come from 18 countries and regions, and represent educational institutions, professional associations, government departments, public organisations and companies.
Hong Kong SAR Government Secretary for Education Eddie Ng officiated at this morning's opening ceremony, along with Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) Executive Director Fred Lam.
Careers on Show
The expo is open to the public, with admission free. Education and Careers are the fair's two major zones. Highlights include four career theme days: today's Banking & Finance Day; Building and Construction Day (14 February); Aviation Day (15 February); and Catering & Hospitality Day (16 February). Each theme day offers a variety of career seminars.
In all, 124 events, ranging from seminars, workshops and trial tutorial classes to celebrity sessions, are taking place over the expo's four days.
Jobs on Offer
Companies taking job applications at the fair include: the Ageas Insurance Company (Asia) Ltd, AMTD Group Company Ltd, Centaline Property Agency Ltd, PCCW Services Ltd, Prudential Hong Kong Ltd and Regal Hotels International Ltd.
In addition, the HKTDC and the Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups (HKFYG) have arranged for a number of companies to recruit employees at the HKFYG's booth, with nearly 4,800 job openings on offer. These include Bossini Enterprises Ltd, Colourmix Cosmetics Co Ltd, LF Logistics (Hong Kong) Ltd, the Ocean Park Corporation, Pacific Coffee Company Ltd, Parsons Music Corporation, the Popular Book Company Ltd and the Pokka Corporation (HK) Ltd.
Professional bodies taking part include the Construction Industry Council, the Hong Kong Federation of Restaurants & Related Trades, the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers, the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors, the Hong Kong Institute of Technology, the Hong Kong Maritime Industry Council and the Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute.
Hong Kong Government departments participating include the Customs and Excise Department, Correctional Services, the Fire Services Department, Hong Kong Police Force, Immigration Department and Marine Department.
Education Theme Days
Theme days have also been organised for the global education sector. These showcase educational opportunities on the Chinese mainland (today), the United States (14 February), Europe (15 February) and Australia (16 February).
Study and Work Overseas
Representatives of the Australian Consulate-General, Tourism Australia, Austrian Trade Commission, British Council, Consulate General of France in Hong Kong & Macau, Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany in Hong Kong, Consulate-General of Japan, and the New Zealand Consulate-General are presenting seminars on school admission procedures, preparation for studying overseas, campus life, study culture and working holidays in their respective regions.
In addition, a variety of companies and educational institutions are targeting students interested in pursuing a career in the creative industries. Exhibitors in this broad category range from the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts and the Hong Kong Communication Art Centre to SCAD Hong Kong, the Bridal Academy and the International Pet Therapy Grooming Academy. The latter, a first-time expo exhibitor, runs three campuses in Hong Kong, offering pet grooming, massage and therapy, as well as courses for veterinary assistants.
A statutory body established in 1966, the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) is the international marketing arm for Hong Kong-based traders, manufacturers and service providers. With more than 40 global offices, including 13 on the Chinese mainland, the HKTDC promotes Hong Kong as a platform for doing business with China and throughout Asia. The HKTDC also organises trade fairs and business missions to connect companies with opportunities in Hong Kong and on the mainland, while providing information via trade publications, research reports and online. For more information, please visit: www.hktdc.com. Follow us on Google+, Twitter @hktdc, LinkedIn.
HKTDC Corporate Communication Department Joe Kainz Tel: +852 2584 4216 Email: [email protected]
Copyright 2014 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict