|By Business Wire||
|February 3, 2014 07:00 AM EST||
State agencies, counties and cities in Idaho have the ability to do something no other government entity can thanks to Access Idaho and its OntheGo (OtG) Android app: take mobile payments outside of Wi-Fi or cellular coverage.
Downloadable for free from the Google Play Store, OtG is offered exclusively to government entities for capturing credit and debit card payments with any Android smart phone or tablet in the field, at conferences and events, or whenever funds need to be collected outside the office.
An optional, encryption-enabled swipe card reader gives OtG its industry-first “store-and-go” distinction. If outside cell or Wi-Fi coverage, the reader stores transaction data securely. Upon connecting to a service area or Wi-Fi network, the application automatically processes the pending payments. If within range, a payment processes within seconds, like other mobile payment services. An email receipt can be sent automatically or manually after a transaction.
Financial officers can reconcile deposits and view/print exportable, real-time billing reports for transactions. Transaction reports are accessible from the Android device or any computer with internet access, and the information never “expires.” All transaction information is password-protected and transmitted via a secure connection.
The mobile service accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa payments through Access Idaho’s secure payment processor.
Access Idaho currently offers OtG to state, county and city government entities in Idaho only. However, plans include state and local government entities throughout the U.S. There are no merchant fees or monthly minimums, and technical as well as marketing support is also provided at no cost.
OtG meets Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards and ties into Access Idaho’s payment engine, which is designed specifically for government and securely processes more than $25 billion annually.
An earlier version of OtG won a 2012 Best of the Web Digital Government Achievement Award from eRepublic’s Center for Digital Government as one of the nation’s best government-to-citizen applications.
To learn more about OTG, visit http://onthegov.idaho.gov.
About Access Idaho
Access Idaho is the administrator of Idaho’s official Web portal (idaho.gov) and provider of electronic government solutions for the state. The network manager for the portal is Idaho Information Consortium, a subsidiary of eGovernment firm NIC (Nasdaq: EGOV).
NIC Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV) is the nation’s leading provider of official government websites, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company’s innovative eGovernment services help reduce costs and increase efficiencies for government agencies, citizens, and businesses across the country. Our popular self-funded solution allows government to put in-demand services online without using taxpayer funds. The NIC family of companies currently provides cost-effective eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Additional information is available at www.egov.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict