|By ACN Newswire||
|January 15, 2014 02:24 AM EST||
International Designers Featured at Fashion Extravaganza
Hong Kong, Jan 15, 2014 - (ACN Newswire) - The Hong Kong Young Fashion Designers' Contest 2014 awards ceremony took place last night, with Nelson Leung named Overall Winner and Contemporary Day-Wear Group Winner. Mr Leung will work with fashion designer Veronique Leroy in Paris for a month. Party & Evening-Wear Group Winner was Max Mak.
"The Young Designers Contest has given me a golden opportunity to show my designs to more people," said Mr Leung, who graduated from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University two years ago. His collection, "Journey Walker," was inspired by classic video games.
French-based fashion designer Veronique Leroy was the contest's VIP judge. Shirley Chan, Chairman of the HKTDC Garment Advisory Committee, was Chief Judge. Organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council, the Hong Kong Young Fashion Designers' Contest has discovered many talented designers over the years, including Elizabeth Lin, Mim Mak, Eva Cheng and Wal Kong. The four showcased their new fashion pieces following the competition.
The Young Fashion Designers' Contest is one of the highlights of HKTDC World Boutique, Hong Kong, and HKTDC Hong Kong Fashion Week for Fall/Winter. The twin fairs, which continue through 16 January, feature nearly 60 events. Today, they include house fashion shows spotlighting 2%, Moiselle and the Knitwear Symphony 2014. Tomorrow's final fair day features house fashion shows from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and Vivienne Westwood.
Hong Kong Fashion Extravaganza, one of the highlights of World Boutique, Hong Kong, took place on 13 January, showcasing the latest fashion from four internationally celebrated fashion designers: Madrid-based Amaya Arzuaga; Paris-based Calla Haynes; Hong Kong's Henry Lau; and Paris- and Shanghai-based Masha Ma, presented by W Hotels Worldwide.
Local singer Hacken Lee joined top models Gi Li Li, Jia Jing, Mikki Yao, Lee Hye Jung and King Chiu in presenting the designers' latest collections. At Henry Lau's session, singer Anthony Lun performed.
Fashion Week: http://hktdc.com/hkfashionweekfw/
World Boutique: http://hktdc.com/worldboutiquehk/
Hong Kong in Fashion: www.hktdc.com/hkinfashion
Fashion Extravaganza Videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrAaPzPW6Uo3-g9lYRSl8zC65x0tZuss
A statutory body established in 1966, the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) is the international marketing arm for Hong Kong-based traders, manufacturers and service providers. With more than 40 global offices, including 12 on the Chinese mainland, the HKTDC promotes Hong Kong as a platform for doing business with China and throughout Asia. The HKTDC also organises trade fairs and business missions to connect companies with opportunities in Hong Kong and on the mainland, while providing information via trade publications, research reports and online. For more information, please visit: www.hktdc.com. Follow us on Google+, Twitter @hktdc, LinkedIn.
HKTDC Corporate Communication Department Joe Kainz Tel: +852 2584 4216 Email: [email protected]
Copyright 2014 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict