|By Marketwired .||
|January 9, 2014 12:17 PM EST||
MINNEAPOLIS, MN -- (Marketwired) -- 01/09/14 -- DigitalTown, Inc. (OTCQB: DGTW) today announced that changes for DigitalTown will be dramatic in 2014. To better inform shareholders and the investor public, informational releases will be forth coming.
With the DigitalTown community domains moving to the Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) Apps Cloud platform we will seek a management team with the skill set to take full advantage of Google's growth in the cloud market place. This includes the CEO and other positions. Deep knowledge of startup ecosystems, technology markets, demand generation and a passion for cloud computing and incubating technologies plus strong knowledge of the Cloud Platform market space will be required.
With DigitalTowns initial funding coming from angel investors, DigitalTown will seek its first Series A round of funding with a new management team. Venture Capital firms in the Google cloud space are encouraged to contact the company.
For investors and shareholders DigitalTown will perform third party valuations of its domain portfolio. It is essential that DigitalTown more fairly reports its valuation holdings of 23,000 plus domains and branding value verses the current market cap and book balance. As an example DigitalTown sold one of its premium domains last fiscal year for $175,000. DigitalTown lists its average book value on its domains as less the $50 per domain in comparison, a huge disparity. In 2014 DigitalTown will sell and diverse itself of its non-core strategy domains, which include Laptopcomputers.com, Notebookcomputers.com, Gotaxi.com, and Gomedical.com. This sale will total about 50 to 100 domains and could include the premium domain Goadvertising.com.
This will leave the company to focus on the core domain portfolio of 23,000 community names for the Google Cloud.
For more information email [email protected]
DigitalTown, Inc. in Burnsville, MN is developing a nationwide network of more than 20,000 local online communities for high school students, alumni, boosters and local citizens. For more information, please visit www.digitaltown.com.
Safe Harbor Language:
Any statements contained herein related to future events are forward-looking statements and are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act 1995. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. DigitalTown, Inc. undertakes no obligation to update any such statements to reflect actual events.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict