|By PR Newswire||
|January 9, 2014 12:00 PM EST||
OLYMPIA, Wash., Jan. 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- This week, The News Tribune and The Olympian launched a new version of their Capital Update app for the iPhone, iPad and for Android devices. Capital Update provides in-depth and up-to-date information about the state Legislative session to businesses and organizations whose work revolves around state politics.
The app will provide breaking news alerts, political coverage from two dozen of the Northwest's top news sources and popular blogs from The News Tribune and The Olympian. As Washington heads into the 2014 elections, the Capital Update app will help users keep up with the fast-moving world of state politics.
"Our goal is to provide a one-stop shop for all the latest news on the state Legislature," said News Tribune editor Karen Peterson. "This news product is devoted solely to covering the Olympia statehouse, and it's staffed by the largest, most experienced bureau in town."
Looking for information on the Legislature? The app features a quick briefing on each lawmaker and contacts for his or her staff. Check the curated Twitter feed for the key voices you need to hear to follow the Washington political conversation. Follow the "Bills to Watch" section, and you won't be surprised by what's making the most noise in the halls of the state Legislative Building.
Additional features of the app include state employee salary data and a morning rundown of what's making news on the Capitol campus.
The Capital Update app is available for Apple and Android devices. This product is free for all News Tribune and Olympian digital subscribers and is also available for an annual price of $49.99 in the iTunes and Google Play stores. Sponsorship opportunities to advertise on this app are available at The Olympian and The News Tribune. For more information and to download, go to: theolympian.com/capital-update-app.
CONTACT: Phil Schroder
CONTACT: Dawn Loduha
VP of Audience Development
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE The News Tribune
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict